This post is sponsored by The Functionist. All opinions expressed are my own.
A warm and comforting Ginger Mushroom Matcha Latte packed with mega medicinal mushroom power thanks to The Functionist's Organic Mushroom Blend. Naturally vegan and gluten-free.
I’m big on incorporating medicinal mushrooms into my daily routine and The Functionist’s Organic Mushroom Blend mixed into my morning matcha is the perfect combo for starting the day off on the right foot! I’m certain you’ll feel the same once you give this dream combo a try for yourself. Enjoy.
The Functionist Organic Mushroom Blend
The Functionist's Organic Mushroom Blend is a mushroom supplement powder made from a proprietary blend of ten highly medicinal mushrooms. Bonus: the packaging is made from recycled materials and 1% of all annual sales is donated to The Nature Conservancy as a 1% for the Planet member.
What mushrooms are included?
- Lion's Mane: Supports neurological health, including memory, cognition, focus, clarity and nerve health.
- Reishi: Also known as the 'mushroom of immortality', it is an adaptogen that supports and balances the immune system and physical and mental stressors.
- Agaricus blazei: Great for hormonal balancing and cholesterol management.
- Antrodia camphorata: Immune system and liver health support.
- Chaga: A super antioxidant, also known as the 'king of medicinal mushrooms'.
- King Trumpet: A super antioxidant that supports bone health and cholesterol management.
- Maitake: Balances blood sugar levels and supports gut health and immune function.
- Turkey Tail: A great immune system booster.
- Cordyceps: Increases energy and stamina, as well as supports respiration and oxygen delivery.
- Shiitake: Supports both cardiac and immune system health.
This wonderful mushroom blend is organic, non-GMO, gluten-free, vegan and kosher. All mushrooms are 100% grown in the USA, to boot!
How to Use
- Mix into cold drinks, smoothies or warm beverages (like this delicious latte!).
- Incorporate the powder into baked goods.
- Mix into salad dressings and other condiments.
- Mix into oatmeal.
Simply put: this wonderful supplement is an excellent overall health-booster that can be incorporated into your daily routine in a variety of creative ways!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It is super quick and easy to make.
- It makes the perfect addition to a morning routine.
- It is super warming, comforting and delicious.
- It is packed with major medicinal mushroom power, thanks to The Functionist's Organic Mushroom Blend.
- It is naturally gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free and refined sugar-free.
The Functionist Organic Mushroom Blend: A blend of 10 organic medicinal mushroom powders that add a wide variety of health-boosting benefits to this perfect morning latte.
Matcha Powder: This Japanese green tea powder adds flavor, color and a nice natural energy boost.
Ground Ginger: Ginger adds warmth and flavor, in nice contrast to the other ingredients, all without being too overpowering.
Natural Sweetener: Optionally, you can add a dash of maple syrup, honey or coconut sugar to this latte, for a nice touch of well-balanced sweetness.
Milk of Choice: Milk adds creaminess and a nice comfort factor this flavorful beverage. I love to use oat milk, but any plant-based or conventional milk variety will do.
How to Make - Step-by-Step
Step 1: In your favorite mug, combine The Functionist Mushroom Blend, ground ginger, matcha powder and natural sweetener (if using). Give a stir.
Step 2: Add 1 cup of boiling water to the mug, then mix until all powders have dissolved.
Step 3: Top off with 1/2 cup of the milk of your choice.
Step 4: Enjoy!
Is this drink spicy?
The ginger in this recipe adds an ever so subtle touch of spice, that isn't very spicy, but more warming in nature. If you are sensitive to spicy foods or ginger, you can halve or omit the ginger if need be, for a still-tasty latte.
Can I use a different milk?
Yes. We love oat milk in this household, but regular dairy-based milk or any plant-based milk will work well in this recipe.
Can I serve this cold or iced?
Yes. To serve cold or iced, prepare the recipe as instructed, then refrigerate to chill or top off with ice.
More Delicious Drink Recipes
Serve this delicious latte with these matcha green tea truffles for mega matcha flavor!
Ginger Mushroom Matcha Latte Recipe (Vegan)
- 1 teaspoon Functionist Mushroom Blend
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger root
- 2 teaspoons natural sweetener (honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar, etc.) optional
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup milk of choice I like oat milk
- In a large mug, add Functionist Mushroom Blend, matcha powder and ground ginger. Stir well.
- Add natural sweetener of choice, if using.
- Pour the boiling water into the mug. Mix until all powders have dissolved.
- Top off with milk of your choice.