Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. This blog generates income through affiliate links at no extra cost to you.
This creamy vegan take on a classic coleslaw salad recipe is rich, creamy, refreshing, crunchy, healthy and bursting with big flavor! This easy vegan coleslaw is perfect as is, or served in addition to your favorite summer meals. Keto diet friendly!
This coleslaw tastes just like classic coleslaw many of us are accustomed to, but better! This dairy-free coleslaw is crisp, crunchy, creamy, refreshing - all with a touch of tang! It is truly DELICIOUS, and super simple to throw together!
Creamy Vegan Coleslaw Recipe
This Vegan Coleslaw is:
- Quick and easy to make.
- Perfectly crunchy and creamy.
- Made with only a handful of simple, wholesome ingredients.
- Bursting with flavor!
- Gluten-free, keto-friendly, low-carb, dairy-free, vegan, soy-free, nut-free and refined sugar-free.
What ingredients are needed to make Vegan Coleslaw?
- Coleslaw mix or thinly sliced/shredded green and red cabbage, and carrots.
- Vegan mayo.
- Dijon mustard.
- Apple cider vinegar.
- Coconut sugar.
- Celery seeds.
- Salt & black pepper.
How to Make Vegan Coleslaw — Step by Step
- Combine coleslaw dressing ingredients in a bowl.
2. Mix until smooth.
3. Pour coleslaw mix into bowl with dressing.
4. Toss to coat.
5. Chill or enjoy right away!
Top Tips for Making Vegan Coleslaw
- Good Mayo!
A good quality vegan mayonnaise makes a difference.
- Vegan Keto or Low Carb Coleslaw
Even with the addition of a tiny bit of coconut sugar, this vegan coleslaw recipe is still considered keto or low-carb, but it will still be equally delicious if you omit the sugar altogether, or make it sugar-free with the addition of a sugar-free sweetener such as this one.
Common Recipe Questions
- How long does this vegan coleslaw keep?
This coleslaw can be enjoyed straight away or refrigerated until ready to serve. I do find it to grow even creamier after some time in the refrigerator. To store, place the coleslaw in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to one week.
What can I serve coleslaw with?
- BBQ Veggie Burgers.
- Bean dishes.
- Mac & Cheese.
More Vegan Side Dish Recipes
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest's "tried it" feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I'll share it! Thank you so much! <3
- In a large bowl combine coleslaw dressing ingredients (mayo, mustard, vinegar, sugar, and spices). Mix until smooth.
- Pour coleslaw mix into bowl. Mix until all is well coated.
- Salt to taste.