Zesty Smashed Chickpea Salad Sandwich (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
A super healthy, easy and flavorful Smashed Chickpea Salad Sandwich filled with garbanzo beans, chopped pickles , walnuts, onion, lemon juice, sriracha, mustard and the PERFECT blend of spices. This makes for one high-protein + high-fiber meal that is gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, refined sugar-free, soy-free and DELICIOUS!
Servings: 3 sandwiches / 3 cups chickpea salad
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (freshly cooked or canned rinsed and drained
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pickles
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts coarsely ground or chopped (I like to use a mortar + pestle)
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1/2 lemon juiced (approx. 1 tablespoon lemon juice)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- sea salt to taste
- gluten-free vegan bread
- Desired sandwich toppers optional
In a large bowl combine all of the above ingredients. Mix and mash with a fork or potato masher until the desired consistency is achieved.
Salt to taste.
Serve on fresh or toasted bread with desired toppings or as is. I like it best with avocado & cucumber!
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 302kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 559mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 12g