The Best Chimichurri Verde Sauce (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
This quick and easy 9 ingredient Chimichurri Verde is my spin on the classic South American sauce! It contains a blend of parsley, cilantro, garlic, oil, vinegar and spices; and is BIG on flavor. You’ll find yourself putting this delicious gluten-free & vegan sauce on everything — this I can attest!
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley stems included, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro stems included, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 6 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbs apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
In a food processor or blender combine all of the above ingredients and blend until relatively smooth, or to preferred texture. Adjust salt to taste.
Alternatively, you can combine ingredients and mash using a mortar and pestle.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days.
Serving: 0.25cup | Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 154mg | Potassium: 64mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 804IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg