Healthy Pumpkin Hot Chocolate
This super creamy and delicious Healthy Hot Chocolate Recipe with Pumpkin is like pumpkin pie in a cup! If you’re in need of some cozy comfort with a big dash of flavor, look no further! This autumn beverage made with cacao powder, plant-based milk, pumpkin puree and a dash of warming spices is a nutritious way to get your pumpkin fix sans guilt. Vegan, dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free + refined sugar-free!
- 2 cups plant-based or dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup see Tips section above in post for other options
- 1 teaspoon unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons pure pumpkin puree
In a blender or food processor combine milk, cacao powder, maple syrup, coconut oil and spices. Blend until smooth.
Add pumpkin puree. Blend until smooth and frothy.
Pour into a saucepan and heat over medium heat until warmed throughout.
Pour into a mug, optionally sprinkle with ground ginger (+ a good stir), and enjoy!
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 251kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 658mg | Potassium: 304mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 4669IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 656mg | Iron: 2mg