Butternut Squash Curry (Stovetop + Instant Pot)
This super quick, easy and flavorful Butternut Squash Curry can be made in an Instant Pot pressure cooker (in just about 10 minutes!) or the stovetop for ease and convenience! This delicious spicy vegan curry dish can be enjoyed on it own, or served over rice or quinoa, for a healthy and comforting autumn meal!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 green chile chopped (raw or roasted Hatch, or raw jalapeno or serrano)
- 1 butternut squash peeled and cubed or 4 cups frozen cubed squash
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 1/2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 large handful mixed greens optional
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- sea salt or pink salt to taste
Set Instant Pot to saute mode. Add oil, onion, garlic and chile. Saute for 2 minutes.
Add butternut squash and spices (curry powder through red chili flakes).
Stir in water or broth.
Set to manual high pressure for 4 minutes.
When time is up, quick release pressure and stir in vinegar, greens and then salt to taste.
Serve and enjoy!
In a pot over medium heat saute onion, garlic and chile in coconut oil.
Add squash and spices.
Stir in broth or water.
Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer.
Simmer for 10 minutes, or until squash is tender, adding more liquid if necessary.
Serve and enjoy!
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 60mg | Potassium: 758mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 19998IU | Vitamin C: 44mg | Calcium: 121mg | Iron: 2mg