Instant Pot Chocolate Chipotle Chili
This easy vegan Instant Pot chili recipe is filled with spicy and smoky chipotle peppers, pinto beans and unsweetened chocolate lending this vegetarian chili a unique and flavorful twist.
Servings: 8 servings
Red Chile Powder
- 1 tablespoon olive coconut, or avocado oil
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce chopped
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon red chile powder not to be confused with chili powder, see suggestion below under ‘Shop This Recipe’
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 ground chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups dry pinto beans soaked for 3 hours prior
- 5 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened 100% chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- sea salt to taste
- Optional to garnish: pumpkin seeds, salsa, nutritional yeast or cheese
Press the ‘Saute’ button on your Instant Pot. Add oil, onion, pepper, garlic. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Stir in chipotle peppers, tomato, and spices. Saute for 1 minute longer.
Press ‘Cancel’. Stir in broth/water, pinto beans and chocolate.
Cook on manual high pressure for 35 minutes.
Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes before opening the vent.
Stir in maple syrup/honey, and salt to taste.
Optionally, garnish with pumpkin seeds, salsa, nutritional yeast or cheese.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 25mg | Potassium: 761mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 594IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 3mg