Instant Pot Jackfruit Chili
A comforting Jackfruit Chili recipe with chickpeas and sweet potato for the Instant Pot electric pressure cooker. Vegan and gluten-free.
Servings: 8 servings
Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 white or yellow onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans) rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5-ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 10-ounce package or can young jackfruit no extra/added ingredients
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar or granulated sweetener of choice optional
- 1 sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro plus extra for garnishing
- sea salt or pink salt to taste
- chili toppings of choice optional
Set electric pressure to saute mode. Add oil, onion, garlic and bell pepper. Saute for 5 minutes or until beginning to brown.
Press cancel. Add chickpeas, tomatoes, jackfruit, coconut sugar, sweet potato, paprika, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and water/broth. Stir well.
Place lid on pressure cooker and set to manual high pressure for 10 minutes. When 10 minutes are up, quick release pressure.
Stir in lime and cilantro. Salt to taste.
Serve on its own, with your favorite chili toppings, or over rice or quinoa. Enjoy!
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 61kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 32mg | Potassium: 176mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 4671IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg