Lemon Poppy Seed Granola (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
This easy granola recipe is super flavorful, delicious and healthy! I first created this Lemon Poppy Seed Granola three years ago, and have made it several times since. I’m so excited to be finally sharing it with you! This fun vegan granola makes a great breakfast cereal with milk or on its own as a grab and go snack or hiking accompaniment!
- 2 cups rolled oats certified gluten-free if necessary
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup or raw honey not vegan (see tips above in post for sugar-free version)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar divided
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup finely chopped or ground I like to use a mortar + pestle walnuts
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
Preheat oven to 275°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large bowl combine oats, salt, ginger. Stir to combine.
In a saucepan over low heat combine maple syrup/honey, oil, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon coconut sugar, and vanilla. Stir until all is smooth and melted.
Pour oil mixture over oats in bowl. Stir vigorously until all is well coated.
Pour granola mixture onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and evenly top (do not stir) with walnuts, poppy seeds, coconut and 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar.
Bake for 10 minutes longer.
Remove from the oven and let cool completely before breaking up and serving.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Sodium: 132mg | Potassium: 193mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 2mg