Vegetarian Stew Recipe
A cozy and comforting Vegetarian Stew recipe filled with rich flavors and a silky-smooth texture. Gluten-free and vegan!
Servings: 6 people
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white or yellow onion thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 3 sweet potatoes chopped into 1" cubes
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup baby carrots or 1 cup roughly chopped regular carrots
- 1 bay leaf dried
- 3/4 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika make sure it's the smoked variety!
- 5 cups water or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch mixed into 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- sea salt or pink salt to taste
In a large pot over medium heat add oil, onion and garlic. Saute for 10 minutes or until onions are beginning to caramelize a little.
Add sweet potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, bay leaf, rosemary, oregano, thyme, paprika and vegetable broth/water. Turn heat to high, bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to a simmer (med-low). Simmer for 30 minutes.
Add tapioca starch/water mixture and mustard. Mix well and simmer 5 minutes longer or until thickened slightly (it will continue thicken when the heat is turned off).
Turn off heat, salt to taste, serve and enjoy!
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 171kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 147mg | Potassium: 485mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 19067IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1mg