Easy Romesco Sauce Recipe (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
A super creamy Romesco Sauce recipe made with almond butter for ease and convenience! This delicious vegan condiment can be used on pizza, pasta, sandwiches and more!
Servings: 6 people
- 1 16-ounce jar roasted red peppers
- 2 medium tomatoes halved
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup packed fresh parsley stems included
- 2 teaspoons sun-dried tomatoes roughly chopped (they blend better this way)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes (optional) add if you want a slight spicy kick
This recipe can also be found in my cookbook The Vegetarian Family Cookbook (where I also serve it over my favorite cauliflower gnocchi recipe!).
Please refer to the post above for my favorite uses for this sauce!
You might like: Boom Boom Sauce.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 400mg | Potassium: 267mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 757IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1mg