Dill Potato Salad
This Creamy Potato Salad with Fresh Dill is packed with flavor and makes the perfect BBQ side dish, picnic fare or potluck take-a-long. This deliciousness can be made vegetarian or vegan and is naturally gluten-free.
Servings: 6 people
Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2.5 pounds Yukon gold potatoes approximately 15 potatoes
- 1 red onion finely diced
- ¾ cup regular mayonnaise or vegan mayo I like Follow Your Heart's Soy-Free Vegenaise
- 6 tablespoons fresh dill weed chopped
- ¼ cup regular plain yogurt or vegan yogurt I like to use Forager Project's Cashew Milk Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons stoneground mustard or any mustard of choice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
- ⅛ teaspoon celery seed
Peel the potatoes, then slice into 1-inch pieces. Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil potatoes for 20 minutes or until a fork pierces them easily. Drain, then set aside to cool a little while you prepare the dressing.
In a mixing bowl combine onion, mayo, dill, yogurt, mustard, vinegar, garlic powder, salt and celery seed. Whisk until smoothly combined.
Combine the potatoes and dressing, then gently fold together until the potatoes are well coated. Cover and place into the fridge to chill for 2 hours or until ready to serve.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 428mg | Potassium: 854mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 49IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 2mg