The Best Gluten-Free Cornbread
A super easy, healthy and delicious Gluten-Free Cornbread recipe that also happens to be vegan, dairy-free and egg-free!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 ¾ cup medium-grind cornmeal gluten-free certified, if necessary
- 1 ¼ cup gluten-free all purpose flour blend with xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar I like to use coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups full-fat coconut milk if not vegan or dairy-free, use buttermilk
- 1/2 cup avocado oil or another neutral-tasting oil or melted butter (if not vegan/dairy-free)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a cast iron skillet or 8" baking pan, then set aside.
In a large mixing bowl combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda. Stir to combine well.
To the same bowl add the milk, oil and vinegar. Mix until a smooth batter forms.
Pour the batter into greased pan. Smooth the top and place into the preheated oven to bake for 20 minutes or until firm and golden.
Let cool a few minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
Serving: 2large slices | Calories: 881kcal | Carbohydrates: 88g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 57g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Sodium: 948mg | Potassium: 476mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 168mg | Iron: 7mg