Instant Pot Golden Milk White Bean Soup (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
This Instant Pot Golden Milk White Bean Soup makes for one healthy, hearty, comforting and delicious pressure-cooker meal!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 carrots finely chopped
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves grated or minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root grated
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 green cardamom pod freshly ground (or 1/4 teaspoon)
- 2 cups great northern white beans dried
- 6 cups vegetable broth or water
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- sea salt to taste
- Optionally garnish with your favorite dairy or non-dairy yogurt
Set your Instant Pot to saute mode.
Add oil and allow to warm up. Add carrots, onion, garlic and ginger root. Saute for 5 minutes while stirring every minute or so until onion is translucent.
Stir in spices turmeric through cardamom. Press the cancel button.
Stir in white beans and broth (or water).
Place lid on, close the vent and set your Instant Pot to 45 minutes manual high-pressure. When finished press cancel, let sit for 10 minutes and then release the pressure.
Stir in coconut sugar and vinegar and then salt to taste (I like around 2 teaspoons of pink salt).
Optionally blend half or all the soup in a blender or with an immersion blender before serving.
Top with your favorite yogurt and enjoy!
Serving: 1large bowl | Calories: 407kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 63mg | Potassium: 2002mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 5186IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 278mg | Iron: 12mg