Sage Pesto Recipe
A rich, creamy and fragrant Sage and Hazelnut Pesto recipe, with both a vegetarian and vegan option. This vibrant green condiment is great served over pasta, atop pizza, as a dip for veggies and more!
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 cup fresh sage leaves
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup blanched and roasted hazelnuts or any kind you prefer
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast for a vegan option
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a blender or food processor combine the sage, olive oil, basil, hazelnuts, parmesan (or nutritional yeast), garlic, lemon juice or vinegar, salt and black pepper.
Blend until smooth.
Use right away or keep it stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 980kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 103g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 11g | Monounsaturated Fat: 74g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 1066mg | Potassium: 303mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 433IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 238mg | Iron: 3mg