Peanut Free Pad Thai
This peanut free pad thai with pumpkin seed butter is rich, flavorful, gluten free, vegan and ready for the dinner table in just 20 minutes!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 8-ounce package rice noodles cooked according to package instructions
Spicy Pumpkin Seed Butter Pad Thai Sauce
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seed butter if unsalted, salt sauce to taste
- 1/4 cup warm water or more if you like a thinner sauce!
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 whole garlic cloves peeled
- 1 dried thai red chile soaked in warm water 10 minutes prior
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup carrots grated
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- freshly chopped cilantro
- pumpkin seeds also known as pepitas
- red chili flakes
Cook rice noodles according to package directions. Drain. Set aside.
To a blender or food processor combine all pumpkin seed butter sauce ingredients. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
In a deep skillet or pot over medium heat add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, carrots, garlic and onion. Sauté for 3-5 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
Pour cooked rice noodles and spicy pumpkin seed butter pad thai sauce over your sautéed veggies. Toss until all is evenly coated.
Cook over medium-low heat tossing frequently until all is warmed through (only a few minutes). Turn off heat.
Top with pumpkin seeds, cilantro, and red chili flakes before serving.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 324kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 196mg | Potassium: 179mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 5364IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 2mg