- 1 tbs coconut or olive oil
- 1/2 yellow or white onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tbs curry powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup dry red lentils
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 2 large or 3 medium potatoes peeled, cubed
- 2 tbs unsweetened shredded coconut optional
- 1 can 14 oz full fat coconut milk
- 1 large handful fresh mixed greens
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- to taste sea salt
Turn your Instant Pot on to sauté mode.
Add in oil, onion, and garlic. Sauté, stirring frequently, for 5-7 minutes or until onions are turning translucent.
Stir in remaining ingredients apart vinegar and salt. Stir well.
Cook on Manual High Pressure for 15 minutes.
When finished – press cancel, quick release pressure, then remove lid.
Stir in vinegar. Salt to taste.
Serve and enjoy!
9/12/2020: This post has been updated! For those you that encountered issues with the potatoes sticking, that should be resolved with this new method.
Please see 'Tips' section above in post for more information.
Looking for more? Check out this round-up of 100 Gluten-Free Vegetarian Indian Recipes.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 498kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 298mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 6g