Strawberry Apple Crisp with Polenta
A sweet & tart strawberry and apple crisp brought to life with a subtle polenta crunch! This tasty and healthy gluten-free & vegan fruit crisp is sure to please the senses!
- 1 lb strawberries approx. 3 cups, quartered
- 3 apples any variety, peeled & finely chopped
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
- 1 tbs tapioca starch
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup polenta or grits/coarse cornmeal
- 5 tbs butter or non-dairy spread or melted coconut oil for vegan option, room temperature
- 3 tbs coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In an 8″ or 9″ square or round baking dish combine all filling ingredients. Toss to coat. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl combine all topping ingredients. Using your hands or a spatula, gently mix until you have a coarse sand like texture.
Evenly distribute your topping mixture over your filling mixture.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until bubbling and turning golden.
Let cool a few minutes before serving.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 350kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 107mg | Potassium: 231mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 382IU | Vitamin C: 49mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1mg