Gluten-Free Vegan Bread Recipe
An easy, healthy, and delicious gluten-free vegan bread perfect as is, for sandwiches, toast, etc. It’s a family favorite and the BEST gluten-free vegan bread (in my opinion)!
Servings: 10 slices
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup, for vegan option
- 1 cup chickpea garbanzo bean flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup all purpose gluten free flour blend
- 3 teaspoons ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar or any granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed fresh rosemary optional
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder optional
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
Add the yeast to one cup of warm water. Add honey, mix, and let sit for 10 minutes or until the yeast mixture is frothy.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, flax seed, salt, sugar & optional spices. Mix well.
Add the oil & the yeast mixture to the dry ingredients.
Add the remaining 1/2 cup of warm water. Mix until you have a sticky dough.
Grease your loaf pan & dust it with some flour. Transfer your dough into your loaf pan. Cover with a damp towel and keep in a warm place for about 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
Preheat the oven to 400° F.
Bake the bread for 35 minutes, or until golden brown & firm.
Remove from the oven, let sit in loaf pan for 10 minutes & then transfer onto a cooling rack.
Allow to cool completely before slicing.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 135kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 216mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g