Last Updated on
An easy, healthy, and delicious gluten-free vegan bread perfect as is, for sandwiches, toast, etc. It’s a family favorite and the BEST gluten-free vegan bread (in my opinion)!
For my first offering, I would like to share with you one of my staples…
This delightful bread is very much like gluten-full counterparts, and I find it is a great accompaniment to meals, as well as a great sandwich maker!
This Gluten-Free Vegan Bread is:
Easy to make.
Super flavorful and delicious.
Holds together and slices well.
Wonderful on its own, as a sandwich, toast, you name it!
Gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free.
Tips for making the best Gluten-Free Bread:
Be certain that your yeast is activated and very frothy at the ten-minute mark before using. If there isn’t a reaction and it does not proof (become frothy) then begin the first step of the recipe again.
If you would prefer, you can use an egg instead of the flax seeds for very similar results. Simply omit the flax and add the egg when you add the oil.
Be certain to let the dough sit for at least one hour in a dark and warm place while it rises for best results.
This bread stores best in an air tight container kept at room temperature for up to around 5 days.
How to use my favorite Gluten-Free Vegan Bread:
This bread works beautifully in a gluten-free strata like this one.
It makes a great french toast like this vegan one.
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest’s “tried it” feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I’ll share it! Thank you so much! <3
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon honey (or maple syrup, for vegan option)
- 1 cup chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup all purpose gluten free flour blend
- 3 teaspoons ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or any granulated sugar)
- 1 teaspoon crushed fresh rosemary (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
- Add the yeast to one cup of warm water. Add honey, mix, and let sit for 10 minutes or until the yeast mixture is frothy.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, flax seed, salt, sugar & optional spices. Mix well.
- Add the oil & the yeast mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup of warm water. Mix until you have a sticky dough.
- Grease your loaf pan & dust it with some flour. Transfer your dough into your loaf pan. Cover with a damp towel and keep in a warm place for about 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Bake the bread for 35 minutes, or until golden brown & firm.
- Remove from the oven, let sit in loaf pan for 10 minutes & then transfer onto a cooling rack.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.
Please see the 'Tips' section above in post for additional information.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 216mg Carbohydrates: 25g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g