Disclaimer: You will find affiliate links for the products I use and love on this blog. I will earn from any purchases you make from these links, but it is at no extra cost to you. I appreciate your support!
Easy, healthy, and delicious Vegan French Toast with Tahini. This french toast makes for one perfect breakfast or brunch! Gluten-free and vegan!
Vegan french toast is easier than you can imagine thanks to the magical ingredient that is tahini! Find yourself amazed at how closely this recipe resembles the conventional french toast of your dreams.
I'm kind of always looking for an excuse to incorporate tahini into recipes; and with this Vegan French Toast it worked absolutely beautifully. When incorporated into your dipping batter, it really adds a nice protein-rich crust that works well to replace the eggs that you find in traditional french toast.
With simple ingredients and very little time, you can have some AMAZING Vegan French Toast that is:
- Pillowy with a slight caramelized crunch
- Slightly nutty
- Slightly sweet
- Easy to make
- Gluten-free & Vegan
- and Ridiculously TASTY!
I truly cannot wait to get some feedback from you guys on this one! I know you'll love it.
More Vegan Breakfast Recipes You Will Love
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest's "tried it" feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I'll share it! Thank you so much! <3
Vegan French Toast with Tahini (Gluten-Free)
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 4 slices gluten-free & vegan bread or any bread that suits your dietary needs
- 3/4 cup milk of choice I use almond
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs tahini
- 1 tbs tapioca starch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- To garnish: tahini, maple syrup, cinnamon, fresh fruit Optional
- Heat 1 tbs of coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Place slices of bread and toast lightly, about 2 minutes each side. Set bread aside to cool.
- In a large bowl combine milk, maple syrup, tahini, tapioca, starch, vanilla, and cinnamon. Whisk until smooth.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet heat remaining 1 tbs of coconut oil.
- Remove batter from fridge and dip your slices of bread being sure to coat both sides well.
- Place coated bread slices in hot skillet and cook each side for 3-5 minutes or until browned.
- Optionally garnish with tahini, maple syrup, cinnamon and fresh fruit before serving.