Disclaimer: You will find affiliate links for the products I use and love on this blog. I will earn from any purchases you make from these links, but it is at no extra cost to you. I appreciate your support!
This Mango Salsa is always a hit whether serving as an everyday dish or while entertaining a crowd. With ripe juicy mangos, lime and a subtle touch of spice, the well rounded flavors complement a large variety of dishes. This salsa recipe can also be found in my cookbook, The Vegetarian Family Cookbook.
This fresh mango salsa is a dish I have been making for years! I definitely had to include it in my cookbook and also share it here for you to enjoy. Its versatility is one of my favorite things about this recipe. And, the flavors are out-of-this-world addictive! I can't wait for you to see for yourself.
🥭 Recipe Features
- Fresh and vibrant.
- Can be served and enjoyed a variety of ways.
- Super quick and easy to make.
- Naturally gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, nut-free, soy-free and no sugar-added.
- Alongside chips for dipping.
- On tacos, burritos or enchiladas.
- As a salad topping or wrap filling.
- Serve over rice or quinoa, or atop buddha bowls.
- Alongside scrambled eggs.
- As a spring roll filling.
💭 FAQ and Top Tips
How do I prepare the mango?
Mangos have a large pit in the center. I like to slice 4 sides off an unpeeled mango, working around the pit. Using a knife, I cut a crosshatch pattern into the fruit of each slice. The little cubes of mango are then easily scraped off with a spoon.
Can I store this salsa?
Yes! This salsa can be served fresh straight away or stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Can I replace or omit the jalapeño?
Yes, you can. While the jalapeño adds a bit of spice, this salsa is not overwhelmingly spicy, thanks to the natural sweetness of the mangos. If you are still apprehensive, you can omit it or use an entire bell pepper in the recipe rather than half of one.
🌶 More Salsa Recipes You Might Enjoy
The Best Mango Salsa Recipe
- 2 ripe mangos peeled and diced
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper finely chopped (or habanero if you like more spice!)
- ½ bell pepper chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime juiced, about 2 ½ teaspoons of juice
- ½ sea salt or pink salt
- ⅛ freshly ground black pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Gently mix to combine. Serve right away or keep stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.