Last Updated on
Easy, healthy, and delicious Baked Spring Rolls with Wild Rice, Cashews, Sesame Seeds, Quinoa and Broccoli. Vegan & Gluten-Free.
I am in love with rice paper wrappers. Served hot or cold, cooked or uncooked, and with unlimited filling options–they make an excellent addition to any pantry. Whenever I find myself with leftover grains & veggies, I often enjoy adding in a few extra ingredients and off to the rice paper wrappers we go! Top off with a favorite condiment…and yum, there you have it: a fun & quick appetizer or meal!
These particular Quinoa Spring Rolls came about when I was looking to add a little protein punch, hence the quinoa & cashews. And wow, were these ever delicious!
What to serve these Wild Rice, Cashew, and Sesame Vegan Spring Rolls with:
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest’s “tried it” feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I’ll share it! Thank you so much! <3
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup wild rice blend
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 mini sweet bell peppers (or 1 large), chopped
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- sesame oil
- sesame seeds
- sriracha (optional)
- 12 rice paper wrappers
- In a large pot, combine rinsed quinoa & rice, cover with 2 cups water, bring to a boil, cover & let simmer until done, about 20-25 minutes. Salt to taste. Set aside.
- Toast cashews in a skillet over medium heat in 1 tbs sesame oil until lightly golden. Set aside.
- Steam broccoli until almost done, then pan fry in 1 tbs sesame oil with garlic, bell peppers & chili flakes until all is tender. Let cool.
- Combine all ingredients, salt to taste.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. In a large bowl of warm water, dip one rice wrapper at a time until pliable. Place pliable rice paper wrap on cutting board, spoon a hefty dollop of rice/quinoa mix onto bottom third of wrap. Fold bottom over mix, then fold each side of wrap (one side at a time), then roll all the way up, starting at bottom & tucking tightly as you go. Set aside. Repeat until you have all 12 spring rolls.
- Brush sesame oil over spring rolls, place on cookie sheet & bake for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds & sriracha. Or, alternatively, dip in your favorite gluten-free tamari!
On a nut-free diet? Simply replace the cashews with pumpkin or sunflower seeds!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 145mg Carbohydrates: 21g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g