Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. This blog generates income through affiliate links at no extra cost to you.
Easy, healthy, and delicious Baked Spring Rolls with Wild Rice, Cashews, Sesame Seeds, Quinoa and Broccoli. Vegan & Gluten-Free.
I am in love with rice paper wrappers. Served hot or cold, cooked or uncooked, and with unlimited filling options--they make an excellent addition to any pantry. Whenever I find myself with leftover grains & veggies, I often enjoy adding in a few extra ingredients and off to the rice paper wrappers we go! Top off with a favorite condiment...and yum, there you have it: a fun & quick appetizer or meal!
These particular Quinoa Spring Rolls came about when I was looking to add a little protein punch, hence the quinoa & cashews. And wow, were these ever delicious!
What to serve these Wild Rice, Cashew, and Sesame Vegan Spring Rolls with:
Looking for a sweet take? How about these fruit spring rolls??
Quinoa Spring Rolls with Wild Rice and Cashews (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup wild rice blend
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 3 mini sweet bell peppers or 1 large, chopped
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- sesame oil
- sesame seeds
- sriracha optional
- 12 rice paper wrappers
- In a large pot, combine rinsed quinoa & rice, cover with 2 cups water, bring to a boil, cover & let simmer until done, about 20-25 minutes. Salt to taste. Set aside.
- Toast cashews in a skillet over medium heat in 1 tbs sesame oil until lightly golden. Set aside.
- Steam broccoli until almost done, then pan fry in 1 tbs sesame oil with garlic, bell peppers & chili flakes until all is tender. Let cool.
- Combine all ingredients, salt to taste.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. In a large bowl of warm water, dip one rice wrapper at a time until pliable. Place pliable rice paper wrap on cutting board, spoon a hefty dollop of rice/quinoa mix onto bottom third of wrap. Fold bottom over mix, then fold each side of wrap (one side at a time), then roll all the way up, starting at bottom & tucking tightly as you go. Set aside. Repeat until you have all 12 spring rolls.
- Brush sesame oil over spring rolls, place on cookie sheet & bake for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds & sriracha. Or, alternatively, dip in your favorite gluten-free tamari!