Healthy, easy, and delicious BBQ Chickpea Walnut Burgers. These hearty and filling vegan and gluten-free burgers can be pan-fried or grilled and pack a most delightful flavorful punch!
These Barbecue Chickpea Walnut Burgers make for one hearty, filling, easy, and delicious gluten-free & vegan meal! Chickpeas are one of the highest protein beans.
Every once in a while I really crave something in patty-form that meets the heartiness level that my body needs at that time; and these Vegan BBQ Burgers made with chickpeas and walnuts certainly satisfies those cravings .
- Super Flavorful and Delicious: slightly smoky, slightly sweet, slightly nutty.
- Hearty & filling.
- Wholesome & healthy.
- Easy to make.
- Gluten-free & vegan
- And pretty, too. 🙂
We fell in love with these veggie burgers from the get-go and I hope you do, too!
BBQ Walnut Chickpea Veggie Burgers (Vegan + Gluten-Free)
- 2 cups pre-cooked or canned chickpeas garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup rolled oats gluten-free if necessary
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 onion
- 1/4 cup vegan bbq sauce + extra for garnishing
- 1/4 cup water or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbs olive or coconut oil
- In a food processor or high speed blender combine all of the above ingredients
- Blend until relatively smooth & evenly combined, but with some bits of coarse texture still showing through.
- Cover and refrigerate your burger mixture for at least 1 hour.
- Divide your burger mixture into about 1/4 cup dollops.
- Shape into patties with your hands, wetting your fingers as needed if the mixture sticks at all.
- Heat a lightly greased skillet on the stove over medium heat or alternatively heat a grill to medium heat and let pre-heat about ten minutes.
- Grill each burger for about 4 minutes each side or until desired golden crispiness.
- Garnish with more BBQ sauce before serving.
Leave a Reply