This is an easy, fresh, and delicious mango salad recipe with a flavorful homemade dressing.
❤️ Why You Will Love This Recipe
- This is a quick and easy salad recipe. Perfect for throwing together when short on time.
- This mango salad has a nice fresh taste and a delightful crunch with a medley of textures.
- Vegetables and fruit mingle for a flavor that is uniquely delicious.
- The homemade dressing in this salad is perfectly sweet and tangy.
- Naturally gluten-free, vegetarian, dairy-free, soy-free, and nut-free, with a vegan option.
🥭 How Do You Cut A Mango For Mango Salad?
Mangoes have a pit running through the center. To cut a mango for mango salad, carefully slice off all 4 sides of the mango length-wise, working around the pit. Score the fruit into little cubes using a knife, then use a knife or spoon or scrape the diced mango into a bowl for use.
Non-toxic + truly non-stick!
🌿Ingredients and Substitutes
Mango: Use fragrant mangoes that feel slightly soft when you give them a squeeze.
Red onion: Red onion pairs well with mango and this salad is no exception. If you only have white or yellow onion, that will work, too.
Non-toxic + truly non-stick!
Cucumber: A simple English cucumber or Persian cucumber works well in this recipe.
Bell pepper: Any color bell pepper will work, but I like to use red bell peppers for the pretty color contrast! If looks are no concern, use what you have.
Basil: Fresh basil adds a unique flavor to this recipe that isn't easily replicated by other fresh herbs.
Lemon juice: I love the flavor that lemon juice adds to this salad, but lime juice works just as well, as does apple cider vinegar.
Honey: Honey works well with the other ingredients, but if you are vegan or only have other sweeteners on hand, use those. Maple syrup and agave syrup are great alternatives.
Red chili flakes: A pinch of red pepper flakes adds a subtle hit of heat. If you are sensitive to spice, simply omit them.
Salt: Salt actually enhances the sweetness of the mango and is used as a component of the dressing.
Oil: Oil is used in the homemade dressing. I love the neutral flavor profile of avocado oil, but use whatever oil you have on hand.
Ginger root: A touch of fresh ginger greatly complements the mango and basil. If you do not have fresh, use a pinch of dried ginger root powder if need be.
🔪 How to Make Mango Salad
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl, then give it all a good mix.
- In a small bowl, combine the homemade mango salad dressing ingredients. Whisk until smooth, then pour over the salad in the bowl.
- Toss to coat, serve, and enjoy!
🥣 Serving Ideas
- To make this salad a meal, add a favorite protein like crispy tofu or tempeh.
- Serve this salad over rice or quinoa.
- Serve mango salad alongside Asian-inspired noodle dishes like sesame noodles, tofu noodles, or pumpkin seed pad thai.
Store this mango salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
🥗 More Delicious Salad Recipes
- 2 ripe mangoes peeled and diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 cucumber diced
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh basil sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey if vegan, use vegan honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root grated or minced
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a large serving bowl, combine the mango, bell pepper, cucumber, onion and basil. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, sweetener, oil, ginger, red chili flakes and salt. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, then toss to coat.
- Serve, and enjoy!
Wowww this was SO good. I added some fresh mint leaves. Made it for a big lunch we hosted and everyone loved it.
This recipe was crazy delicious! I am always looking for cool ways to use mango and this was definitely one of my favourites!
Kristen Wood says
So happy to hear it! Thank you for sharing. 🙂
I wouldn't have thought about adding in bell pepper to this but the flavor and texture combination was so good!
I love all the fresh festive flavors in this meal! Absolutely delicious! Thanks for a wonderful recipe!
Bella B says
Loved this one! The homemade dressing in this salad was deliciously tangy. YUM!
I love mango and this salad gives me another way to enjoy them. Thank you!
My new favorite salad! It was so easy to prepare. I loved the flavor and all the textures. But the star is that dressing with some kick. Spectacular!
I love anything with mangoes and this salad is no exception! It was delicious, flavorful, and just perfect.
This mango salad was so fresh and tasty. Loved the kick from red chilli flakes. Every one at home loved it.
This is a beautiful salad - bright, fresh, and delicious. I absolutely love the fresh ginger in the dressing. I will definitely be making this again!