With hints of sesame and garlic, this crispy Air Fryer Tofu recipe will knock your socks off with its delightful textures and flavors! Gluten-free and vegan.
Crispy, golden tofu ready to be devoured on its own or incorporated into your favorite dishes. This Air Fryer Tofu recipe is the best thing to happen to tofu since…ever! With hints of sesame and garlic, not only do you have that wonderful texture, you also have a delightful splash of flavor that is dare I say…addictive? I hope you love this air fried tofu as much as we do!
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Super easy and quick to make.
- Great on its own for a healthy snack or incorporated into dishes like salad, soup, curry or served as the perfect side dish alongside veggies like broccoli, cauliflower or brussels sprouts.
- Naturally vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free and nut-free.
🧄 Ingredients Notes
Coconut aminos: You can replace the coconut aminos with soy sauce or tamari if need be.
Apple cider vinegar: The vinegar can be replaced with rice vinegar, white wine vinegar or regular white vinegar if need be.
🔪 How-to Make Air Fryer Tofu
🍽️ How-to Use and Serve
- On its own — it’s that good!
- Served with a favorite dipping sauce. We are partial to Golden Tahini Sauce. These are essentially tofu “nuggets”!
- Served on a bed of rice, quinoa or rice noodles.
- Alongside some roasted or steamed veggies.
❓ Frequently Asked Questions
Extra firm tofu! The firmer the tofu, the crispier the results. I am fond of organic sprouted varieties of tofu for that added nutritional value. But, any tofu will work well, so long as it is firm!
Pressing the liquid out of tofu is essential for that addictively crispy texture. You can use a tofu press or use any large object such as a heavy pan, cast iron skillet, books or canned goods and place them on top of the block of tofu (I like to wrap the tofu in a clean kitchen towel when doing this), allowing the liquid to drain.
Yes! You can simply drizzle a little oil over the tofu cubes (or omit oil!), then air fry as instructed.
💭 Top Tip
There can be slight variances in air fryer models as far as temperature and time needed. The important thing is to simply look out for that golden color and crispness as a tell-tale sign it’s ready. It’s okay if the tofu still seems slightly soft in the middle, as it does continue to crisp while it cools!
🔥 Storing and Reheating
This crispy tofu tastes great warm, at room temperature, or even cold! You can store in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container. To reheat simply place in a 400F air fryer or conventional oven, or pan fry on the stovetop until warmed throughout.
🍲 More Tofu Recipes You Will Love
♨️ More Air Fryer Recipes You Must Try
Air Fryer Tofu
- 1 14-ounce block of tofu, extra firm pressed and drained
- Using a tofu press or a very heavy pot placed on top of the block of tofu, press the tofu and allow the excess moisture to drain.
- While the tofu is draining, in a small bowl combine all remaining ingredients. Whisk to combine.
- Slice pressed tofu into 1/2-1" cubes. Place into a large bowl.
- Drizzle marinade over the tofu and toss to coat. Let sit and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Place marinated tofu into air fryer basket or tray. Air fry for 15 minutes or until golden and crispy on the outside, shaking the basket/tray once in a while to ensure even cooking.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy!