Disclaimer: You will find affiliate links for the products I use and love on this blog. I will earn from any purchases you make from these links, but it is at no extra cost to you. I appreciate your support!
Easy, healthy and delicious Air Fryer Eggplant made with a simple spice blend. This air fried eggplant has a deliciously smoky flavor and tender, yet crisp, texture.
This delicious Air Fryer Eggplant is great simply as a healthy snack, a fabulous side dish or incorporated into entrées! It is packed with flavor and has a beautiful texture. Gluten-free, plant-based, vegan and keto diet friendly!
- Eggplant (also known as aubergine) forms the base of this air fryer recipe. It is in the same nightshade family of plants as tomato, peppers and potatoes.
- Olive or avocado oil contributes to an extra bit of crispness and also adds some healthy fats to this recipe.
- Garlic powder is simply super complementary when paired with eggplant!
- Smoked paprika adds a hint of irresistible smokiness to this recipe and contributes the majority of the flavor.
- Salt! Hard to go without salt on this one—it enhances all the flavors in this dish.
It's also great incorporated into your favorite pasta dishes.
Tips, Tricks and FAQ
Can I omit the oil in this recipe?
Yes! On an oil-free diet? You can omit the oil for a still-delicious Air Fryer Eggplant dish!
Make sure you use smoked paprika and not the Hungarian (sweet) variety, for best results.
How-to Store and Reheat
This tastes best fresh out of the air fryer, but once cooled can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To reheat, place in a 400 degree air fryer or conventional oven and heat until warmed throughout (about 10 minutes).
More Air Fryer Recipes You Might Enjoy
Air Fryer Eggplant
- 1 medium-sized eggplant sliced into 1" cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
- Preheat air fryer oven to 400°F.
- Prepare eggplant by slicing and discarding the leafy top. Slice eggplant vertically then slice each halve vertically again. Then slice horizontally into 1" cubes.
- Place the eggplant in a mixing bowl. Drizzle with oil, then sprinkle with garlic powder, paprika and salt. Toss to coat.
- Place the eggplant into air fryer basket or try. Air fry for 14 minutes or until tender and a fork pierces through easily.