Easy, healthy and delicious Air Fryer Eggplant made with a simple spice blend. This air fried eggplant has a deliciously smoky flavor and tender, yet crisp, texture.
This delicious Air Fryer Eggplant is great simply as a healthy snack, a fabulous side dish or incorporated into entrées! It is packed with flavor and has a beautiful texture. Gluten-free, plant-based, vegan and keto diet friendly!
- Eggplant (also known as aubergine) forms the base of this air fryer recipe. It is in the same nightshade family of plants as tomato, peppers and potatoes.
- Olive or avocado oil contributes to an extra bit of crispness and also adds some healthy fats to this recipe.
- Garlic powder is simply super complementary when paired with eggplant!
- Smoked paprika adds a hint of irresistible smokiness to this recipe and contributes the majority of the flavor.
- Salt! Hard to go without salt on this one—it enhances all the flavors in this dish.
It's also great incorporated into your favorite pasta dishes.
And I love to eat it as is for a healthy low-carb snack or dipped into a favorite condiment like tahini sauce.
Tips, Tricks and FAQ
Can I omit the oil in this recipe?
Yes! On an oil-free diet? You can omit the oil for a still-delicious Air Fryer Eggplant dish!
Make sure you use smoked paprika and not the Hungarian (sweet) variety, for best results.
I find around 1/2 teaspoon to be about the perfect amount of salt for this dish but feel free to adjust and salt to taste! You can wait to add salt until the eggplant has finished cooking if need be.
How-to Store and Reheat
This tastes best fresh out of the air fryer, but once cooled can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To reheat, place in a 400 degree air fryer or conventional oven and heat until warmed throughout (about 10 minutes).
More Air Fryer Recipes You Might Enjoy
Air Fryer Eggplant
- 1 medium-sized eggplant sliced into 1" cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
- Preheat air fryer oven to 400°F.
- Prepare eggplant by slicing and discarding the leafy top. Slice eggplant vertically then slice each halve vertically again. Then slice horizontally into 1" cubes.
- Place the eggplant in a mixing bowl. Drizzle with oil, then sprinkle with garlic powder, paprika and salt. Toss to coat.
- Place the eggplant into air fryer basket or try. Air fry for 14 minutes or until tender and a fork pierces through easily.