Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. This blog generates income through affiliate links at no extra cost to you.
This Sticky Maple Ginger Tofu Rice Noodle Bowl with Steamed Broccoli makes for one comforting, nutritious and delicious gluten-free and vegan meal!
I don't eat tofu very often, but when I do it must be TASTY. Enter this Sticky Maple Ginger Tofu bowl!
- Easy to make.
- Super rich and flavorful (it's addictively tasty!).
- Gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, nut-free, and refined sugar-free.
This delicious meal hits all the marks when it comes to: taste, comfort, texture, filling factor, nutrition and beauty (yes, that counts!). . .
I find I prefer my tofu cooked in both the oven and on the stove-top in order to achieve that perfect crispy (and sticky!) exterior with a well-flavored chewy interior. I present you with that method, as well as the MOST delicious maple ginger sauce you could ever dream of. Throw in some rice noodles and steamed broccoli, and you have yourself an ever so satisfying meal! Enjoy . . .
More Tofu Recipes You Might Like
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest's "tried it" feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I'll share it! Thank you so much! <3
Maple Ginger Tofu
- 1 14 oz package extra firm tofu pressed, drained, cubed
- 2 tbs tapioca flour
- 3 tbs coconut oil
- 4 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs ginger root grated
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs sriracha sauce optional
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 14 oz package rice noodles cooked according to package directions
- 2 cup broccoli florets steamed
- optionally sesame seeds, for garnishing
- Press package of tofu in a tofu press, or wrap in a tea towel and place a heavy object on top (book, canned food, etc.) and let sit for ten minutes to allow the brine to drain. Pat tofu to dry. Slice into 1/2-1″ cubes.
- In a large bowl combine pressed, drained and cubed tofu; and tapioca starch. Toss to coat.
- In a large oven-proof frying pan or cast iron skillet heat 3 tbs coconut oil over medium heat.
- Place coated tofu in one even layer in skillet and fry, turning a few times until all sides of tofu cubes are beginning to brown (about ten minutes).
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a mixing bowl combine maple syrup, coconut oil, grated ginger, vinegar, sriracha (optional), garlic powder, and ground ginger. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour maple ginger sauce over tofu; toss to coat.
- Place coated tofu in preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until sauce is sticky and bubbling.
- To serve, place cooked rice noodles in a bowl and top with maple ginger tofu, steamed broccoli, and sesame seeds (optional).