This Spicy Pumpkin Seed Butter Pad Thai makes for one flavorful and healthy vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, and nut-free lunch or dinner ready in only 20 minutes!
This is hands-down one of the most flavorful and delicious recipes I have ever created . . .
This dish was wholly inspired by these amazing organic rice noodles from Perfect Earth Foods. They are my new favorite rice noodles to cook with by far! These noodles have an amazing flavor & texture, and seemingly never get soggy and they hold together amazingly well - which is hard to come by in gluten-free land, am I right?
Now this dish...where do I start? This pumpkin seed butter sauce is out-of-this-world tasty. It's the star of the show. Perfectly sweet, savory, spicy...all rolled into one. All in all, this Pad Thai is:
Healthy & comforting
Sweet, savory, spicy
Filling & satisfying texturally
Free of refined sugars
And ridiculously easy to make!
I cannot recommend this dish (or these noodles) enough! I'm going to be making this again and again myself and I SO hope you feel the same way, too!
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest's "tried it" feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I'll share it! Thank you so much! <3
- 1 8 ounce package rice noodles (cooked according to package instructions)
- Spicy Pumpkin Seed Butter Pad Thai Sauce:
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seed butter (if unsalted, salt sauce to taste)
- 1/4 cup warm water (or more if you like a thinner sauce!)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 1 dried thai red chile (soaked in warm water 10 minutes prior)
- To sauté:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- To garnish:
- freshly chopped cilantro
- pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- red chili flakes