Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. This blog generates income through affiliate links at no extra cost to you.
This peanut free pad thai with pumpkin seed butter is rich, flavorful, gluten free, vegan and ready for the dinner table in just 20 minutes!
This is hands-down one of the most flavorful and delicious recipes I have ever created .
Now this dish...where do I start? This pumpkin seed butter sauce is out-of-this-world tasty. It's the star of the show. Perfectly sweet, savory, spicy...all rolled into one.
Why You'll Love It
- Healthy & comforting
- Sweet, savory, spicy
- Filling & satisfying texturally
- Nut-free (Peanut free!)
- Free of refined sugars
- And ridiculously easy to make!
I'm going to be making this again and again myself and I SO hope you feel the same way, too! Enjoy.
You Might Also Like
Like this recipe? I would be so grateful if you left a star rating and/or comment below! Thank you.
Peanut Free Pad Thai
- 1 8-ounce package rice noodles cooked according to package instructions
Spicy Pumpkin Seed Butter Pad Thai Sauce
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seed butter if unsalted, salt sauce to taste
- 1/4 cup warm water or more if you like a thinner sauce!
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 whole garlic cloves peeled
- 1 dried thai red chile soaked in warm water 10 minutes prior
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup carrots grated
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- freshly chopped cilantro
- pumpkin seeds also known as pepitas
- red chili flakes
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions. Drain. Set aside.
- To a blender or food processor combine all pumpkin seed butter sauce ingredients. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a deep skillet or pot over medium heat add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, carrots, garlic and onion. Sauté for 3-5 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Pour cooked rice noodles and spicy pumpkin seed butter pad thai sauce over your sautéed veggies. Toss until all is evenly coated.
- Cook over medium-low heat tossing frequently until all is warmed through (only a few minutes). Turn off heat.
- Top with pumpkin seeds, cilantro, and red chili flakes before serving.