A super simple and easy to make Mediterranean Cucumber Salad that is packed with cucumber, olives, onion, bell pepper, chickpeas, fresh herbs and an utterly delicious homemade dressing! Gluten-free and vegan.
I will always and forever love this recipe. It is light, refreshing, packed with beautiful flavors and simply nice to have on hand to put on the dinner table as an unexpected and beautiful addition to mealtime. Few things are better than fresh summer salads!
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Quick and easy to make.
- Bursting with fresh flavors.
- Versatile and can be enjoyed as a main dish, side dish or condiment.
- Vibrant, and adds a nice splash of color to the dinner table.
- Stores well.
- Gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free, sugar-free.
🍋 The Dressing
A super simple yet powerfully flavorful lemon dressing with dill and oregano really elevates this cucumber salad to a whole other level.
🔪 How to Make Mediterranean Cucumber Salad
- Chop the ingredients and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Whip up the homemade mediterranean dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad.
- Toss to coat.
🍽️ How to Serve
- As is for a refreshing salad entree.
- Alongside other salads, like this Mediterranean Cauliflower Salad, Shirazi Salad, or Tomato Romano Bean Salad.
- Alongside some pita bread or crackers.
- As an addition to rice, quinoa or millet.
- Wrapped in rice paper for a spin on spring rolls.
- Alongside scrambled eggs or incorporated into an omelette.
💭 Tips, Tricks and Substitutions
Make It Spicy
Add a pinch of red chili flakes for a touch of spice.
Swap chickpeas for white beans for a fun twist. Sensitive to beans & chickpeas? Omit altogether for a still tasty salad.
If you do not have lemon on hand, you can use red wine or apple cider vinegar instead.
This salad keeps in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
🥒 More Refreshing Cucumber Recipes
Mediterranean Cucumber Salad
- 1 cucumber diced, peel on
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup chickpeas from a can or freshly cooked
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup olives of choice chopped
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbled
- In a large bowl combine all salad ingredients (cucumber through red onion).
- In a small bowl combine all dressing ingredients.
Combine and Serve
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Optionally, top with some crumble feta cheese (omit for vegan version).
- Serve and enjoy!