The easy and delicious beet salad with feta cheese is flavorful, easy to make, and works well as a meal, side dish, or appetizer.
❤️ Why You Will Love This Recipe
- This beetroot feta salad is packed with flavor! It's savory, salty, earthy, tangy, and sweet all wrapped into one.
- Beet salad is filling and satisfying.
- You can serve this salad in a variety of ways.
- Beets are packed with folate, magnesium, vitamin C, and vitamin A.
- Feta cheese adds the perfect touch of saltiness and pairs very well with the earthy sweetness of the beets.
- Naturally vegetarian, gluten-free, nut-free.
🌿 Ingredients and Substitutes
Beets: This beet salad recipe will work well with both red beets and golden beets. The beets can be cooked or prepared with any method so long as they are fork-tender.
Non-toxic + truly non-stick!
Feta cheese: Feta cheese adds tangy saltiness that greatly complements the beets. If vegetarian, just be certain to buy vegetarian feta cheese that is rennet-free or made with microbial rennet. If you only have crumbly goat cheese on hand, that is a delicious choice as well.
Parsley: The herbaceous flavor of fresh parsley really works with feta and beets. Having said that, use the fresh herbs you have on hand or most prefer. Baby spinach and arugula also taste great tossed into this beetroot salad.
Non-toxic + truly non-stick!
Vinegar: White vinegar holds the perfect amount of tang and acidity for this salad recipe, but if you only have apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar on hand, that will work, too.
Lemon juice: Lemon adds both acidity and a touch of that citrus sweetness that adds vibrancy to this salad. If you do not have lemon juice, you can use more vinegar or you can also use lime juice.
Olive oil: Extra virgin olive is an integral ingredient for the homemade dressing in this recipe. This is a great recipe for using a nice quality olive oil in, as the flavor will shine through in this dish.
Garlic powder: Garlic adds that robust flavor as well as a hint of sweetness. If you do not have garlic powder, one minced garlic clove works just as well.
Salt and pepper: A simple small sprinkle of salt and pepper is all that is needed in this beet salad recipe.
🔪 How to Make Beet Salad
- Toss the beets, feta, and parsley together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the homemade vinaigrette ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle the homemade dressing over the salad, then toss to combine before serving.
💭 Time Hack
If you are short on time or do not have the patience to cook beets ahead of time, a great way to throw this salad together quickly is to use pre-packaged cooked or marinated beets. Love Beets is one brand that is great for this purpose.
🍽️ Serving Ideas
- You can serve this salad as a main course. It makes an excellent lunch!
- This beet salad works well served alongside main courses like soup, pizza, or pasta.
- Serving beetroot salad alongside other side dishes like sauteed mushrooms or bok choy can make a veggie-packed meal out of it all.
- If you would like a bit of crunch, sprinkle some chopped walnuts or pistachios over top before serving.
- If you would like a touch more sweetness, drizzle with honey before serving.
You can store beet salad in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
🥗 More Delicious Salad Recipes
Beet Salad with Feta Cheese
- 2 cups cooked beets chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese vegetarian/rennet-free if necessary
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice fresh or bottled
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the beets, feta cheese, and parsley. Mix to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients, then toss to coat.
- Serve and enjoy!
Excellent! I used half of a quart of home canned beets. I had everything on hand except the parsley, so I used cilantro instead. Very nice. This is a keeper and I can't wait to try it this summer when everything is on hand. Now, on to make beet brownies with the rest of the beets. thanks
Kristen Wood says
I'm so happy to hear that! Thank you for sharing. 🙂
Kristen Wood says
So happy to hear it! Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing. 🙂
I steamed the beets and used it in this salad. It was so good. We loved it with our pizza.
I love beets but haven't tried them in a salad. Boy, what a great dish! The sweet beets and the tangy feta were a perfect match!
Sarah Walker Caron says
Sweet beets go so well with salty feta. LOVE! And the addition of herbs is genius. What a great salad!
I love side dishes that are beautiful AND delicious! This lovely beet salad is a winner on both fronts. We loved it. Thank you for sharing!
This is so good! Beets and feta are just meant to go together.