Here's my spin on the viral Gigi Hadid Pasta recipe! This creamy spicy vodka sauce pasta recipe without vodka is easy to make and delivers big bold flavors.
- Why You'll Love It
- What is Gigi Hadid's Pasta Called?
- What are the Ingredients for Gigi Hadid's Pasta?
- How Do You Make Gigi Hadid Pasta Without Vodka?
- What Does Gigi Hadid Pasta Taste Like?
- Is Gigi Hadid Pasta Spicy?
- How to Make Gigi Hadid Pasta Without Heavy Cream
- Storing and Reheating
- More Delicious Pasta Recipes
- 📖 Recipe
- 💬 Comments
Why You'll Love It
- Super easy to make.
- Rich and flavorful.
- Makes a great filling main dish.
- The spice level can be adjusted to suit your own tastes.
- It's a beautiful dish that's certain to please your family and guests alike!
- Naturally soy and nut-free, and easily made gluten-free, vegan, or dairy-free.
What is Gigi Hadid's Pasta Called?
The pasta recipe that went viral in Gigi Hadid's Instagram stories and other social channels is an Italian dish more commonly known as spicy pasta alla vodka or pasta with spicy vodka sauce. However, Gigi Hadid's spicy vodka pasta recipe is made without vodka.
What are the Ingredients for Gigi Hadid's Pasta?
Pasta: Penne is a traditional choice for a dish such as this, but shell pasta works great, too! You can use conventional, gluten-free or even a protein-rich plant-based pasta like chickpea or lentil pasta, too!
Olive oil: This is a great recipe for using that high-quality extra virgin olive oil you stowed away.
Fresh garlic: Fresh garlic tastes best in this recipe, but in a pinch, you can swap it out for a touch of garlic powder instead.
Onion: Gigi's original recipe uses shallot. White, yellow or red onion can be used here.
Tomato paste: This recipe uses half a cup of tomato paste, so you won't want to skip out on this essential ingredient.
Heavy cream: Heavy cream is the traditional choice, but you can also use half and half or even whole milk in a pinch. If vegan or dairy-free, use coconut cream instead.
Red pepper flakes: This is the spicy part of this spicy pasta recipe. Adjust to suit your tastes or omit if needed.
Butter: This really pulls the dish together. Either salted or unsalted butter works, as you will be salting to taste. If vegan or dairy-free, use plant-based butter or extra olive oil.
Shredded parmesan cheese: This adds additional creaminess and flavor, but is an optional ingredient. If vegan or dairy-free, simply omit or use a vegan parmesan cheese alternative.
Salt and pepper: You'll be adding these toward the end of cooking time for that extra flavor boost.
Fresh basil leaves: Gigi uses fresh chopped basil in her recipe. In the traditional Italian version, you will sometimes find parsley and/or oregano used instead. But essentially, any fresh herbs work well as a finishing touch!
How Do You Make Gigi Hadid Pasta Without Vodka?
- Start by cooking the pasta in a large saucepan according to package instructions. Drain the pasta and set it aside, while also reserving some of the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a pan, saute the garlic and onion in oil.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and cook for a few minutes longer.
- Add the pasta, some reserved pasta water, butter, and red chili flakes, followed by some parmesan cheese and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Give a good mix until the pasta is nice and creamy.
- Garnish Gigi Hadid Pasta No Vodka with fresh basil before serving.
What Does Gigi Hadid Pasta Taste Like?
Gigi Hadid Pasta tastes like a mix of tomato, butter, and cream in heaven with a few pleasant Italian notes from the basil and garlic thrown in.
Is Gigi Hadid Pasta Spicy?
It depends on your tolerance for spice! For some, this will be a mildly spicy dish, for others rather spicy. I would personally say it has a mild to medium heat level. However, this is easily adjusted to suit your own tastes. Add fewer red chili flakes or omit them for a milder dish. Add more red pepper flakes if you are a big fan of spicy pasta dishes!
How to Make Gigi Hadid Pasta Without Heavy Cream
Gigi Hadid vodka pasta can easily be made vegan or dairy free by swapping out the heavy cream or half and half for coconut cream instead.
Storing and Reheating
This pasta makes excellent leftovers! Keep it stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to one week. To reheat, put a little olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat and add the pasta. Reheat, while stirring frequently, until warm throughout.
More Delicious Pasta Recipes
Gigi Hadid Pasta
- 16 ounces dry pasta of choice shells and penne work well, use gluten-free if necessary
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ onion chopped, any kind or shallot
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half use coconut cream for vegan version
- ½ cup reserved pasta water
- 2 tablespoons butter use vegan butter if necessary
- 1 ½ teaspoons red chili flakes
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese optional, use vegetarian-friendly if necessary
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil to garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, then reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet or pot over medium heat, add the oil, onion and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes or until the onions are turning translucent.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook for 3 minutes longer, stirring frequently.
- Add the cream and cook for 2 minutes longer, stirring frequently.
- Add the drained pasta, pasta water, butter, red chili flakes and parmesan cheese (if using). Stir until all is smoothly combined. Add a pinch of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Garnish with the fresh basil before serving. Enjoy!