An easy, and delicious Gluten-Free Cheesy Spinach & Bell Pepper Strata! This makes a perfect breakfast or brunch any time of year!
My little one loves egg dishes, and I had some leftover bread that needed using. What resulted from this combo is a hearty & savory dish that packs a flavorful protein punch, and isn't too shabby to look at either!
I will certainly be making this regularly, as it was really quite
satisfying in many ways..
What to serve this Gluten-Free Breakfast Strata with:
Gluten-Free Golden Milk Pancakes (Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free)
Creamy, Dreamy, Orange Delight Chia Seed Pudding (Gluten Free, Vegan)
Coconut Flour Power Breakfast Muffins (Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free)
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest's "tried it" feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I'll share it! Thank you so much! <3
Gluten-Free Strata with Cheese, Spinach and Bell Peppers
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbs butter
- 1 cup milk I use almond milk
- 2 cups gluten free bread cubes I used leftover My Favorite Gluten Free Bread - see recipe below
- 1/2 cup chopped mini sweet bell peppers
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese + 1 tbs for top
- 1/2 tbs dried parsley optional (for top)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a casserole dish (I used a 9 inch round dish).Heat 1 1/2 tbs butter in skillet over medium heat.Add bell pepper & saute until tender (about 5 mins), add minced garlic & spinach & saute just one minute longer.
- Remove from heat. Melt 1 1/2 tbs butter & drizzle over bread cubes. Layer half of the bread cubes, followed by half of bell the
- pepper-garlic-spinach mixture, then half of the parmesan & feta.
- Repeat with remaining half of ingredients. Beat eggs, milk, mustard, salt & pepper together.
- Pour over strata. Sprinkle 1 tbs Parmesan & 1/2 tbs of dried parsley on top.
- Dab remaining 1 tbs butter on top.
- You can let sit in fridge overnight before baking, or bake right away.
- Bake at 375°F for 45 mins or until firm, puffed and golden brown.
Leave a Reply