Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Super easy, delicious and healthy Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins packed with nourishing ingredients and BIG flavor. Gluten-free, vegan and refined sugar-free!
Servings: 12 muffins
Psyllium Husk Powder
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- 5 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or any granulated sweetener of choice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons psyllium husk powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
- 1 cup milk of choice I like to use unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter
- 1/4 cup cashew butter unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini about 1 whole average zucchini
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips of choice I like to use at least 70% chocolate
Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
In a large bowl combine dry ingredients (almond flour through salt). Mix until well combined.
Add wet ingredients (milk through vanilla). Whisk until smooth.
Fold in zucchini. Then fold in chocolate chips.
Fill greased muffin tins or muffin liners to the top.
Bake for 20-24 minutes or until firm and a toothpick inserted in the center pulls out clean.
Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Please see the Tips, Tricks, and Substitutions section in the post above for more valuable information!
View this recipe as a Web Story.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 252kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 226mg | Potassium: 158mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 21IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 110mg | Iron: 2mg