Cherry Lavender Moon Milk Recipe (Vegan)
This Cherry Lavender Moon Milk recipe makes for one creamy, delicious, calming and beautiful sleepy-time beverage for those evenings when you could use a little extra support. With a healthy blend of oats, walnuts, spices, sweet cherries, and plant-based milk, this warm and cozy drink makes for one comforting vegan gluten-free night-time remedy with its roots in Ayurveda.
Servings: 2 cups
- 2 cups milk of choice I use almond
- 1/4 cup rolled oats gluten-free if necessary
- 1/4 cup sweet cherries fresh or frozen
- 2 tbs raw walnuts
- 1/2 tsp dried lavender buds
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/8 tsp sea salt or himalayan pink salt
- 1 tbs maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 tsp unrefined coconut oil
- Optionally to garnish: lavender buds, turmeric, sliced cherries
In a food processor or blender combine ingredients milk through salt. Let soak for at least 30 minutes.
Blend soaked ingredients until well combined and relatively smooth. Optionally, strain through a nut milk bag, or cheesecloth. (I personally like to use as is and let all settle in the bottom of my cup as I drink.)
Heat moon milk on the stove-top over medium-low heat until frothy.
Whisk in maple syrup and coconut oil.
Turn off heat.
Pour into mugs and optionally garnish with lavender, turmeric and cherries.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 348kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 469mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g