Last Updated on
This Cherry Lavender Moon Milk recipe makes for one creamy, delicious, calming and beautiful sleepy-time beverage for those evenings when you could use a little extra support. With a healthy blend of oats, walnuts, spices, sweet cherries, and plant-based milk, this warm and cozy drink makes for one comforting vegan gluten-free night-time remedy with its roots in Ayurveda.
A comforting, healing, and flavorful nighttime beverage with its roots in Ayurvedic medicine, this Cherry Lavender Moon Milk is vegan, gluten-free, and filled with all things healthy, and delicious . . .
What is Moon Milk?
Moon milk is a delicious and soothing beverage that has its roots in Ayurvedic traditions. Ayurveda is Sanskrit word that translates to ‘knowledge of life’. It is an ancient Vedic holistic health science with emphasis on the mind-body connection. In Ayurveda, warm milk consumed before bed is a common remedy for sleeplessness, anxiety and insomnia. Moon milk can be the simplest concoction of milk and honey or more complex such as those with a variety of spices, fruit or even adaptogens and herbs.
Being that my blog is named MOON and spoon and yum, I figured it high time I share a lunar beverage! Ha!
I’m always experimenting with various concoctions to aid whatever ails my family or myself. And this Cherry Lavender Moon Milk makes the perfect remedy for those sleepless nights, those days where you just cannot unwind, or simply when you desire a little beautiful comfort .
This Moon Milk is:
Fun and easy to make.
Soothing, healing and comforting.
Earthy, fruity and floral.
Rich in fiber and protein.
Full of vitamins and nutrients.
Contains walnuts for their tryptophan content which helps induce sleep and promote relaxation.
Vegan, dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free, refined sugar-free and can be made keto-friendly
Pleasing to the senses!
Tips for making Moon Milk:
You can use any dairy or non-dairy milk of choice, but if you use a sweetened milk, please omit the maple syrup/honey from the recipe.
I do not recommend omitting the coconut oil, as it helps in the absorption of vital nutrients and lends to the overall flavor of the recipe.
If you are on a low-sodium diet, you can omit the salt.
Make this Moon Milk sugar-free or keto friendly by omitting the sweetener or using a sugar free syrup such as this one.
Please do not skip the soaking step for best results. 30 minutes is the minimum soaking time. You can also soak as long as 8 hours, or overnight before blending.
For an extra creamy and frothy moon milk, use a milk frother such as this one.
More Vegan Moon Milk and Healthy Beverage Recipes you might enjoy:
With a lovely blend of plant-based milk, sweet cherries, lavender buds, oats, walnuts, and spices, this Cherry Lavender Moon Milk will hypnotize you with its enchanting powers as you drift into restful sleep & sweet dreams . . .
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest’s “tried it” feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I’ll share it! Thank you so much! <3
If you enjoy this recipe, please consider supporting me on Patreon for exclusive recipes just like this one!
- 2 cups milk of choice (I use almond)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 cup sweet cherries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbs raw walnuts
- 1/2 tsp dried lavender buds
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/8 tsp sea salt or himalayan pink salt
- 1 tbs maple syrup (or raw honey)
- 1 tsp unrefined coconut oil
- Optionally, to garnish: lavender buds, turmeric, sliced cherries
- In a food processor or blender combine ingredients milk through salt. Let soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Blend soaked ingredients until well combined and relatively smooth. Optionally, strain through a nut milk bag, or cheesecloth. (I personally like to use as is and let all settle in the bottom of my cup as I drink.)
- Heat moon milk on the stove-top over medium-low heat until frothy.
- Whisk in maple syrup and coconut oil.
- Turn off heat.
- Pour into mugs and optionally garnish with lavender, turmeric and cherries.
Please see the 'Tips' section above in post for more information.
More MOON MILK RECIPES.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Pacific Foods Organic Almond Non-Dairy Beverage, Unsweetened Vanilla, 32-Ounce, (Pack of 12)
- Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Organic Old Fashioned Rolled Oats, 32 Ounce
- NOW Foods, Certified Organic Walnuts, Raw and Unsalted, Halves and Pieces, Good Source of Protein and Healthy Fatty Acids, Certified Non-GMO, 12-Ounce
- Ninja Mega Kitchen System (BL770) Blender/Food Processor with 1500W Auto-iQ Base, 72oz Pitcher, 64oz Processor Bowl, (2) 16oz Cup for Smoothies, Dough & More
- Terrasoul Superfoods Himalayan Pink Salt, 2.5 Lbs - Extra Fine | Trace Minerals
- Organic Lavender Flowers Dried | Perfect for Tea, Baking, Lemonade, DIY Beauty, Sachets & Fresh Fragrance | 100% Raw From France | Large 4oz Resealable Kraft Bag | by Feel Good Organics
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 348Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 469mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 12g