Disclaimer: You will find affiliate links for the products I use and love on this blog. I will earn from any purchases you make from these links, but it is at no extra cost to you. I appreciate your support!
A perfectly moist, subtly sweet, lemon poppy seed loaf made with chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour! This dairy-free and gluten-free chickpea flour bread makes a great healthy breakfast, snack or dessert!
A subtly sweet, tender, moist Gluten-Free Lemon Poppy Seed Bread made with protein and fiber-rich chickpea flour.
This bread is SO GOOD! I must say that I was incredibly happy with how this creation turned out.
This gluten-free loaf has all of the fiber and protein-rich properties of chickpea flour in one lusciously tender and moist, perfectly (not too) sweet lemon poppy seed bread that also slices and holds together like a dream, stores well (if it lasts that long!), and is oh so DELICIOUS!
This Gluten-Free Chickpea Flour Bread is
Fluffy, moist, and slices extraordinarily well.
Filled with healthy, wholesome ingredients.
Rich in fiber and protein.
Easy to make.
Packed with flavor.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free, refined sugar-free.
Tips for Making Gluten-Free Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
The coconut sugar can be replaced with any granulated sweetener of your choosing.
For a sugar-free chickpea bread, I recommend this sugar-free sweetener.
This loaf keeps well lightly covered at room temperature for 48 hours. Any longer, slice and store the slices in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
More Gluten-Free Quick Bread Recipes
This is truly one of my favorite breads! I hope you enjoy it, too. xo.
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest's "tried it" feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I'll share it! Thank you so much! <3
Chickpea Flour Lemon Poppy Seed Bread (Gluten-Free)
- 1 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter softened
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp poppy seeds 1 tsp for loaf, 1 tsp for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease or line a loaf pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mix dry ingredients flour through salt. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl combine wet ingredients eggs through vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in 1 tsp poppy seeds.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tsp poppy seeds.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until loaf is golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool before slicing and serving.