A perfectly moist, subtly sweet, lemon poppy seed loaf made with chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour! This dairy-free and gluten-free chickpea flour bread makes a great healthy breakfast, snack or dessert!
A subtly sweet, tender, moist Gluten-Free Lemon Poppy Seed Bread made with protein and fiber-rich chickpea flour.
This bread is SO GOOD! I must say that I was incredibly happy with how this creation turned out.
I adore chickpea flour (a.k.a garbanzo bean flour), and having used it for many savory applications, I was anxious to create a sweet baked good with it. And boy was I ever so please with the result!
This gluten-free loaf has all of the fiber and protein-rich properties of chickpea flour in one lusciously tender and moist, perfectly (not too) sweet lemon poppy seed bread that also slices and holds together like a dream, stores well (if it lasts that long!), and is oh so DELICIOUS!
This Gluten-Free Chickpea Flour Bread is
Fluffy, moist, and slices extraordinarily well.
Filled with healthy, wholesome ingredients.
Rich in fiber and protein.
Easy to make.
Packed with flavor.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free, refined sugar-free.
Tips for Making Gluten-Free Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
The coconut sugar can be replaced with any granulated sweetener of your choosing.
For a sugar-free chickpea bread, I recommend this sugar-free sweetener.
The ground ginger can be omitted or replaced with cinnamon. I just find ginger to enhance the lemon in baking.
This loaf keeps well lightly covered at room temperature for 48 hours. Any longer, slice and store the slices in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
More Gluten-Free Quick Bread Recipes
This is truly one of my favorite breads! I hope you enjoy it, too. xo.
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest's "tried it" feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I'll share it! Thank you so much! <3
Chickpea Flour Lemon Poppy Seed Bread (Gluten-Free)
- 1 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter softened
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp poppy seeds 1 tsp for loaf, 1 tsp for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease or line a loaf pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mix dry ingredients flour through salt. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl combine wet ingredients eggs through vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in 1 tsp poppy seeds.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tsp poppy seeds.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until loaf is golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool before slicing and serving.