This gluten-free & vegan Double Blue Peppermint Moon Milk makes for one soothing & delicious antioxidant-rich brew perfect for those stressful days and sleepless nights! This healthy Mint Blueberry Moon Milk is made doubly blue with the addition of blue butterfly pea flower powder!
Some of you may have caught on to my love of colorful beverages by now . . .
This Double Blue Peppermint Moon Milk is no exception! This delicious and vibrant brew was wholly inspired by my first voyage into Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Powder land (thank you, Suncore Foods!). Holy moly is this stuff amazing.
What is Moon Milk?
Read all about it in My Ultimate Guide to Moon Milk.
Just look at that beautiful color! And the best part? Blue Butterfly Pea Flowers (Clitoria ternatea) are packed with antioxidants, stress-relieving properties, and anti-inflammatory effects. What's not to love?
Throw in some cooling and calming peppermint, magnesium-rich (sleep promoting!) sunflower seeds, and vitamin c and antioxidant-rich blueberries and you have yourself one doubly blue brew that is wholly magical and delicious.
This Blue Moon Milk is:
Packed with healthy nutrient dense ingredients.
Soothing, calming, relaxing.
Creamy and satisfying.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, nut-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free.
Tips for making Blueberry Moon Milk:
The peppermint extract can be replaced with a food-grade peppermint essential oil.
To Make Iced Blue Moon Milk:
Blend all ingredients PLUS the addition of maple syrup/sweetener of choice.
Do not heat. Simply strain, then pour over ice.
I truly hope you enjoy my take on this nighttime beverage with its roots in Ayurveda; and give the amazing Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Powder a spin yourself!
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest's "tried it" feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I'll share it! Thank you so much! <3
Double Blue Peppermint Moon Milk (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
- 2 cups almond or oat milk
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon blue butterfly pea flower powder
- 1 teaspoon unrefined coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/8 teaspoon pink himalayan or sea salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
- optionally to garnish: fresh mint leaves
- To a blender add all of the above ingredients sans maple syrup and mint leaves.
- Blend until smooth and uniform.
- Optionally strain mixture through a fine mesh strainer or nut milk bag. (I do not do this as I don’t mind any larger bits of berries or seeds settling in the bottom of my cup).
- Heat your moon milk mixture over low-medium heat on the stove-top.
- Stir in maple syrup or sweetener of choice. Whisk gently until foamy and heated throughout.
- Pour into mug(s) and optionally garnish with fresh mint leaves.