Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. This blog generates income through affiliate links at no extra cost to you.
A soothing and healing spicy golden milk recipe (turmeric tea) steeped in Ayurvedic tradition with amazing health benefits! Vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free.
This Spicy Golden Milk with Turmeric is
- Soothing and comforting.
- Packed with health benefits for mind, body, and soul.
- Super easy to make.
- Extremely flavorful and tasty.
- Fun to make and beautiful to look at.
- Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free (optionally), soy-free and refined sugar-free.
Let's start here. . .
What are benefits of Golden milk?
20 benefits of drinking the glorious anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, anti-spasmodic Turmeric Golden Milk:
- Promotes healthy skin & treats various skin conditions such as eczema, chronic rashes & acne.
- Natural pain killer.
- Lowers and stabilizes blood sugar levels making it a great choice for those that struggle with diabetes.
- Aids digestion and soothes the tummy.
- Destroys cancer cells and suppresses tumor formation.
- Boosts the immune system.
- Soothes the symptoms of arthritis.
- Detoxifies the liver and purifies the blood.
- Supports healthy brain function; a great choice for those suffering from or prone to dementia and/or Alzheimer's.
- Fights depression and uplifts mood.
- Promotes sleep; helps with insomnia.
- Boosts circulation.
- Excellent cold & flu fighter.
- Promotes weight loss.
- Promotes wound healing.
- Reduces bad cholesterol.
- Boosts cardiac health.
- Excellent source of antioxidants that fight free radicals & protects against environmental toxins.
- Soothes menstrual cramps.
- Fights adrenal fatigue & boosts energy levels.
Tips for making Golden Milk:
- Be certain to include black pepper in your golden milk as the compound piperine in black pepper greatly helps you absorb the benefits of the curcumin in the turmeric!
- You can omit the coconut oil if you prefer, but since turmeric is fat-soluble, including coconut oil can further help with the absorption of the curcumin in the turmeric.
- Don’t like it spicy but still want to enjoy a stellar golden milk recipe? Simply omit the cayenne pepper in this recipe.
- Some of the spices may settle in the bottom of your cup. You can stir or swirl your cup occasionally while enjoying or you can even mix the ‘paste’ leftover in the bottom of the cup with more milk and heat up to enjoy a second cup.
- For extra flavor you could use this yummy warm almond milk recipe as the base for this golden milk.
- You can double or triple the recipe and mix the spices ahead of time to store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for quicker and easier use when you go to enjoy a cup. Simply add the milk and oil to a portion your golden milk powder mix, heat and enjoy!
- If you do not find turmeric very palatable, adding a teaspoon of raw honey or maple syrup to your golden milk will help with taking the edge off some of the bitterness you may not usually enjoy.
If you enjoy this recipe, you will also love this herbal tea mix!
Simply put, this stuff is amazing. It will cure what ails you & help maintain optimum health. It is warm & comforting, and tastes great as well!
I highly recommend you incorporate this nourishing brew into your daily or weekly routines. You will without a doubt see lots of benefits on many levels by doing so.
For a medicinal beverage that soothes, heals, and invigorates mind, body, and soul--drink this beauty, and watch the magic unfold! Enjoy. xo.
More Delicious Beverages
Spicy Golden Milk Recipe (Turmeric Tea) + 20 Health Benefits
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk or any milk of your choice
- 1 tbs ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cardamom pod contents freshly ground (or 1/4 teaspoon ground)
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp unrefined coconut oil
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add milk. Whisk in spices & coconut oil.
- Continue to whisk until frothy & warmed throughout (about 5 minutes).
- Pour into a mug and serve. Optionally, stir in 1 tsp raw honey or maple syrup & top with a sprinkle of cinnamon!