Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. This blog generates income through affiliate links at no extra cost to you.
This cozy and comforting Peppermint Chai recipe is filled with heartwarming spices, a touch of sweetness and a big dose of flavor for a wholly delicious drink perfect anytime of year. Plant-based and vegan.
I'm a major chai fan and I've had in my head for a long time now to experiment with a mint version. And boy am I ever glad that I did! The fusion of masala chai flavors with peppermint is an absolute match made in heaven! I just know you are going to love this as much we do.
- Cozy, warm and comforting.
- Easy to make.
- Filled with simple, wholesome, plant-based ingredients.
- Super flavorful and well-balanced.
- Vegan, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free.
How-to Make Peppermint Chai
Tips, Tricks, and Substitutions FAQ
Looking for an authentic chai recipe? Check out this Chai Spiced Indian Tea from Profusion Curry!
More Cozy Drink Recipes
- 3 cups milk of choice I like to use oat milk
- 1 inch knob of fresh ginger root whole
- 6 whole peppercorns lightly crushed
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- 2 whole cardamom pods lightly crushed
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 star anise pod
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1 black tea bag I like to use Darjeeling
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract or peppermint spirits
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
- 2-3 torn fresh mint leaves optional
- In a small saucepan over high heat combine all of the above ingredients.
- Bring to boil, cover, then turn off the heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Strain, then enjoy.