This cozy and comforting Peppermint Chai recipe is filled with heartwarming spices, a touch of sweetness and a big dose of flavor for a wholly delicious drink perfect anytime of year. Plant-based and vegan.
I’m a major chai fan and I’ve had it in my head for a long time now to experiment with a mint version. And boy am I ever glad that I did! The fusion of masala chai flavors with peppermint is an absolute match made in heaven! I just know you are going to love this as much as we do.
- Cozy, warm and comforting.
- Easy to make.
- Filled with simple, wholesome, plant-based ingredients.
- Super flavorful and well-balanced.
- Vegan, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free.
How-to Make Peppermint Chai
Tips, Tricks, and Substitutions FAQ
More Cozy Drink Recipes
- 3 cups milk of choice I like to use oat milk
- 1 inch knob of fresh ginger root whole
- 6 whole peppercorns lightly crushed
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- 2 whole cardamom pods lightly crushed
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 star anise pod
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1 black tea bag I like to use Darjeeling
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract or peppermint spirits
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
- 2-3 torn fresh mint leaves optional
- In a small saucepan over high heat combine all of the above ingredients.
- Bring to boil, cover, then turn off the heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Strain, then enjoy.