Disclaimer: You will find affiliate links for the products I use and love on this blog. I will earn from any purchases you make from these links, but it is at no extra cost to you. I appreciate your support!
A highly refreshing and soothing Lavender Lemonade recipe filled with simple and delicious ingredients. This easy drink recipe is naturally vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free and can easily be made refined sugar-free, to boot!
Lavender lemonade is both soothing and refreshing, perfect for a moment of relaxation after a stressful day. The delicate, aromatic flavors of the lavender tone down the zesty citrus taste of the lemon juice to create a harmonious combination.
On hot, sticky, afternoons I love to make a pitcher of lavender lemonade to have ready for when everyone comes home from school and work. Enjoying a glassful with lots of ice is the perfect ritual to help us all cool off and forget about the day as we relax into our evening. Plus, the natural stress-relieving properties of lavender make it the ideal drink to help you unwind.
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Lavender lemonade is simple to make, and it doesn’t take much time at all.
- Making your lemonade yourself means that you use a lot less sugar!
- It’s a delicious combination of zesty and floral.
- It contains lavender, which is known for its healing properties. Just one of its many uses is helping with relaxation.
- Fresh lemon juice is an excellent source of Vitamin C.
- This recipe is naturally dairy, gluten and nut-free.
🗒️ Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Lavender simple syrup: Lavender syrup is the prominent flavor of lavender lemonade. You can buy it, but if you want all of the health benefits, then making it yourself using dried lavender buds is a better option.
- Lemon juice: Use either fresh or bottled lemon juice to give your lemonade a citrus zest.
- Vanilla extract: Gives your drink some extra sweetness without extra sugar!
🍹 How-to Make
I promised you a simple recipe, so here it is.
All you need to do is take a large pitcher and add the lavender simple syrup, water, lemon juice and vanilla extract to it. Then, give everything a good stir.
That’s it! Serve over ice, and enjoy!
Lavender lemonade is best-served ice cold, so if you want to store it, you should keep it in the fridge.
Lavender lemonade is so quick to make that you could just store a bottle of lavender simple syrup in the fridge, and then when you fancy a glass of lemonade, make a fresh pitcher!
❓ Frequently Asked Questions
Try lavender lemonade if you want some help relaxing. Lavender has been used for centuries as a natural stress-reliever. It’s also thought to help with things like digestive issues and headaches.
Lavender lemonade is a great drink to try if you can’t sleep on a warm night because it will cool you down, and lavender is thought to help with insomnia.
Homemade lavender lemonade is much better for you than any lemonade that you might buy at the grocery store because it contains a lot less sugar.
Making lemonade at home means that you get all the benefits of hydration, additional Vitamin C and antioxidants, plus the benefits of the lavender, without the excess sugar.
💭 Top Tips
- If you want your lavender lemonade to look as good as it tastes, try adding a few drops of purple food coloring! I like to use natural fruit and vegetable-based food coloring to keep my lavender lemonade as clean as possible.
- Garnish with fresh lavender or dried lavender flowers before serving.
- This is a fabulous alcoholic beverage served mocktail-style, but if you want to make it a cocktail, you can add a splash of vodka or champagne for a fun twist.
💜 More Delicious Lavender Recipes
For another refereshing beverage option, check out this delicious Nimbu Pani / Shikanji (Indian Limeade)!
Lavender Lemonade Recipe
- 1 cup lavender simple syrup
- 7 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups lemon juice fresh or bottled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- natural food coloring optional
- To a large pitcher, add the lavender simple syrup, water, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Add a dash of natural food coloring, if using. Stir well.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
- Keep stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.