This post is sponsored by Naturacentric. All opinions expressed are my own.
Super easy, healthy and delicious Gluten-Free Honey Cake with notes of lavender and lemon. This rich and decadent cake (or mini-cakes!) is bursting with vibrant flavors and topped with a purple glaze for that extra special touch.
Gluten-Free Honey Cake just got taken up a notch with the addition of Naturacentric's Lavender Infused Honey! Throw in a splash of lemon and a pretty purple glaze, and you'll have yourself one special, flavorful cake that isn't too bad on the eyes either. I hope you find yourself as as enchanted as we are with this bake!
- Rich, moist and flavorful.
- Easy to make.
- Packed with healthy, wholesome ingredients.
- Has the perfect balance of floral and citrus notes.
- Sweet and decadent but not overpoweringly sweet—just right.
- Can be made as a large bundt-style cake, two regular cake layers or mini-cakes.
- Gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free.
🥣 How-to Make Step-by-Step
Step 1: Preheat oven. Combine dry ingredients. Mix well.
Step 2: Make flax eggs. Add flax eggs and remaining wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
Step 3: Fold in lavender buds (optional) and lemon zest.
Step 4: Grease cake pan or cake pans, pour in batter and bake. While the cake(s) is baking, prepare the glaze.
Step 5: Combine glaze ingredients. Mix well.
Step 6: When the cake(s) is done baking, gently remove from the pan(s) and let cool completely.
Step 7: When cake(s) is cool, drizzle with glaze. Let the glaze harden for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
💭 FAQ and Top Tips
This batter can be transformed into: 1 bundt-style cake, 2 regular layer cakes or approximately 30 mini-cakes. Times can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Can I use regular eggs instead of flax eggs?
Yes! To use regular eggs: use 4 eggs, omit the flaxseed and use 3/4 cup water instead of 1 1/2 cups.
Can I use butter instead of oil?
Yes! If you are not on a dairy-free diet, feel free to swap out the oil for melted butter instead.
You can omit psyllium husk if you do not have it on hand or do not like. I like the texture (and health benefits) it lends to baked goods. It adds some holding power as well as some added light fluffiness to the batter. But it can be omitted for a still-tasty cake!
How well does this cake store? How do I store it?
This cakes keeps well lightly covered at room temperature overnight, or about 24 hours. Any longer and I recommend storing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. Serve cold or let sit at room temperature before serving.
🍯 More Gluten-Free Honey Infused Recipes
Gluten-Free Honey Cake with Lemon and Lavender
Lemon Lavender Honey Cake
- 3 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk powder
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ cups Naturacentric Lavender Infused Honey
- ½ cup neutral oil like avocado or grapeseed
- ½ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon lavender buds optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cake pan(s) and optionally sprinkle with flour, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, psyllium husk powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Make flax eggs by combining ground flaxseed and warm water in a bowl, mix well.
- Pour flax eggs, honey, oil, applesauce and lemon juice into the dry ingredients. Whisk until you have a smooth cake batter.
- Fold in lavender buds (optional) and lemon zest.
- Pour the batter into your prepared cake pan(s).
- Bake for 30 minutes if using mini cake pans/molds or making 2 regular layer cakes. Bake for 1 hour for a bundt-style cake. Cake(s) is done when golden and a toothpick inserted in the center pulls out clean.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the glaze by combining all ingredients in a bowl and whisking until smooth.
- When the cake(s) is done, gently flip onto a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- When the cake(s) is cool, drizzle with the glaze. Allow the glaze to harden for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!