Last Updated on
These gluten-free, refined sugar-free Chai Spiced Chocolate Chip cookies are easy to make, have a beautiful chewy & fluffy texture, and taste heavenly!
I’m all about chai and chai flavored recipes. Nothing is more soothing, comforting or delicious to me than beautiful warming spices . . .
So, I had to put those beautiful flavors into a cookie! The result? DIVINE. These are truly perfectly chewy & pillowy chai-spiced morsels of goodness . . .
These Gluten-Free Chai Spiced Chocolate Chip Cookies are:
Easy to make
Sweetened with maple syrup (refined sugar-free!)
Thick, chewy, fluffy, pillowy
Perfectly flavored with warming chai spices
Have just the right amount of chocolate flavor shining through
Make an excellent healthy treat for any time of day
My family was quite pleased with these delicious gluten-free kid-friendly cookies and they have now become a staple when we’re in a bit of a baking mood. I hope all of you chai-lovers out there will agree!
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest’s “tried it” feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I’ll share it! Thank you so much! <3
- 1 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons all purpose gluten-free flour (see ‘products used’ below for my choice)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon guar or xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teapsoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon softened cream cheese (optional – adds a little something extra to the texture!)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips of choice
- sea salt (optional, for sprinkling)
approx. 2 dozen cookies