Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. This blog generates income through affiliate links at no extra cost to you.
These gluten-free, refined sugar-free Chai Chocolate Chip cookies are easy to make, have a beautiful chewy & fluffy texture and taste heavenly!
I'm all about chai and chai flavored recipes. Nothing is more soothing, comforting or delicious to me than beautiful warming spices . . .
So, I had to put those beautiful flavors into a cookie! The result? DIVINE. These are truly perfectly chewy & pillowy chai-spiced morsels of goodness . . .
These Gluten-Free Chai Spiced Chocolate Chip Cookies are:
Easy to make
Sweetened with maple syrup (refined sugar-free!)
Thick, chewy, fluffy, pillowy
Perfectly flavored with warming chai spices
Have just the right amount of chocolate flavor shining through
Make an excellent healthy treat for any time of day
My family was quite pleased with these delicious gluten-free kid-friendly cookies and they have now become a staple when we're in a bit of a baking mood. I hope all of you chai-lovers out there will agree!
Chai Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon guar or xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 tablespoon softened cream cheese optional – adds a little something extra to the texture!
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips of choice
- sea salt optional, for sprinkling
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl sift together dry ingredients (flour through guar/xanthan gum). Stir to combine.
- In another large bowl combine the remaining ingredients (butter through optional cream cheese). Whisk until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry. Mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Cover and place your cookie batter into the fridge to chill for at least one hour (or until ready to bake).
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Using tablespoon rounds, place your dough on your prepared cookie sheets until you have approx. 24/ 2 dozen cookies. Optionally, sprinkle with a bit of sea salt.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, or until bottoms and edges are turning golden.
- Let cool completely before serving.