Last Updated on
These easy and delicious Chai-Spiced Cacao Nib Brownie Bars are delightfully chocolate-y, subtly spiced, and packed with iron, fiber and potassium from the cacao nibs. Not to mention, they have an amazing texture, too. This gluten-free treat makes a great breakfast, snack or dessert as it is not over-the-top sweet (but big on flavor!).
I’m a sucker for cacao-anything, so when I recently gave Suncore Foods amazing cacao nibs a try I was over the moon about their larger size and oh so perfect texture. Top notch they are! And a great inspiration for this creation . . .
Cacao nibs are:
high in fiber
high in magnesium
high in potassium
high in antioxidants
high in iron
high in calcium
contains anandamide (the ‘bliss molecule’)
Quite amazing little superfood morsels they are, eh? Now onto those bars . . .
These decadent Gluten-Free Cacao Nib Brownie Bars flavored with chai spices remind me of brownies and cake bars wrapped into one; hence their name. They are super quick and easy to throw together whenever you are in need of a treat and have just the right amount of sweetness, in my opinion. They are both dense and fluffy at the same time (truly!) and have such a nice little bite from the cacao nibs. All in all, they make a fun little dessert that is enjoyable any time of day.
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest’s “tried it” feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I’ll share it! Thank you so much! <3
Chai-Spiced Cacao Nib Brownies (Gluten-Free)
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips of choice
- 2 tablespoons cacap or cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 2 cardamom pods freshly ground (or 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Grease or line an 8 x 8 square pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl add your melted butter and sugar. Whisk until smoothly combined.
- Pour in chocolate chips letting it slowly and partially melt into the butter mixture. It’s okay to leave chocolate chips partially whole.
- Add cacao powder, eggs, vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Pour in flour and spices. Whisk to combine.
- Fold in cacao nibs.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 23-28 minutes or until edges are quite firm and a toothpick inserted in the center pulls out clean.
- Allow your brownie bars to cool completely before slicing into 12 and serving.