Super decadent, easy and delicious Gluten-Free Apple Cheesecake Bars drizzled in a Coconut Caramel sauce. They make for the perfect indulgent treat!
Looking for a little indulgence? Look no further! With a crispy oat crust, creamy apple cheesecake center and a delicate coconut caramel drizzle...you'll find yourself in sweet bliss in no time!
I came up with this recipe when I was craving something a little sweet and had a plethora of apples that were looking for a home. I threw together some coconut caramel & bam--perfection!
I would love to hear what you think...
Tips for making Gluten-Free Apple Cheesecake Bars:
Be certain that your cream cheese mixture is very well blended and fluffy for best results.
If you are short on time you can use a pre-made caramel sauce or even omit the caramel as the bars themselves are already super flavorful.
Make sure you let the bars cool completely before chilling in the fridge and be certain that you chill them for at least one hour before slicing and serving.
These store best in an airtight container kept in the refrigerator for up to one week.
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest's "tried it" feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I'll share it! Thank you so much! <3
Coconut Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars (Gluten-Free)
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose gluten free flour blend
- 2 tbs ground cinnamon
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups peeled & chopped red apples I use Gala
- 1 tbs ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
- Coconut Caramel Yields approx. 4 oz :
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 4 tbs butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- For the crust:
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the dry crust ingredients. Stir in the melted butter until evenly mixed throughout.
- Pat half of this mixture onto the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Set aside & let cool.
- For the cheesecake:
- In a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla, egg, and salt & then mix until just combined. Set aside while you prepare the apples.
- For the apples:
- Combine all ingredients. Set aside
- or the coconut caramel drizzle:
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine milk & sugar . Cook for 2-3 minutes until sugar is dissolved. Add butter & stir until fully combined & let simmer (you may need to turn heat down a little) for about 10 minutes, or until thickened. Add vanilla & salt, stir to combine & then remove from heat. Pour into a jar & let cool. (Can store in refrigerator for a few weeks).
- Put it all together:
- Spread the cheesecake mixture over the cooled crust in the pan you set aside.
- Sprinkle the apple filling over the top.
- Sprinkle the remaining oat crust mixture over the apple filling. Press down slightly.
- Bake for approx. 40 minutes or until firm & golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving for best results.
- When ready to serve, slice into bars, drizzle some coconut caramel on top…and dig in!