This post is sponsored by Naturacentric. All opinions expressed are my own.
This super creamy, spicy queso dip made with Naturacentric Ghost Pepper Infused Honey makes for some flavorful comfort food at its finest! Naturally gluten-free.
I’m a sucker for any kind of dip and this spicy Ghost Pepper Queso is no exception! It is warm, creamy, comforting, perfectly cheesy and packed with both sweet and spicy notes for a match made in heaven.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Super easy to make.
- Packed with big flavor and both sweet & spicy notes.
- Creamy and comforting.
- Can be enjoyed a variety of ways.
- Vegetarian, gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free and refined sugar-free.
How-to Make Ghost Pepper Queso
Butter: You can replace the butter with any kind of oil you prefer, 1:1.
Half & Half: Any kind of milk, regular or plant-based can be used instead of half and half. Even coconut cream!
Tapioca Starch: Corn starch, arrowroot starch and potato starch make suitable substitutions for tapioca starch, if need be.
Cream Cheese: Creamy goat cheese or mascarpone make great substitutes for the cream cheese.
Mexican Cheese Blend: I really like the flavor that a shredded Mexican cheese blend adds, but absolutely any shredded cheese will do—sharp cheddar, pepper jack, monterey jack or colby jack all make great choices.
- With tortilla chips.
- Alongside fresh, crisp veggies.
- Drizzle onto burritos or wraps.
- Use as a soft pretzel dipping sauce.
- Serve with a charcuterie board.
Don’t skip the starch. Not only does it contribute to the creamy texture, it also ensures your dip stays smooth long after making it.
More Delicious Dip Recipes
Ghost Pepper Queso
- 2 tablespoons butter salted or unsalted
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ cups half and half
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- ¼ cup Naturacentric Ghost Pepper Honey
- In a pot over medium heat add the butter and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes, or until the garlic is beginning to turn golden.
- Add the half and half and bring to a simmer, while stirring frequently. Add the tapioca starch, while continuing to simmer and stir, about 2 minutes longer or until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add the cream cheese and stir until smoothly combined.
- Turn off the heat, then whisk in the shredded cheese until completely melted. Add the ghost pepper honey and stir well.
- Serve and enjoy!