Hearty and comforting curried pan fried red lentil spring rolls with a creamy lemon-ginger tahini dipping sauce. Delicious, healthy, filling, & easy to make!
As the air begins to carry a hint of autumn, I find myself desiring meals with a certain warmth & heartiness about them.
These red lentil spring rolls are once such meal. They are full of wholesome and nourishing ingredients (and, protein!), and combined with a delectable dipping sauce — they make for one incredibly tasty and satisfying meal as well.
This creamy dipping sauce now: amazing.
It makes a divine pairing with the warming spices of the spring rolls, but I’ll have you know — this sauce can be used many different ways and with many different things, too…
And, these spring rolls: a perfect medley of textures & flavors!
With a touch of broccoli, onion, and flavorful spices (including the amazing healing turmeric), they make for one nourishing and nutritious dish…
So, whether you are swinging by for the toasted and filling deliciousness of these beautiful red lentil spring rolls, or the versatile yumminess of this incredible creamy tahini dipping sauce, you are certain to find a belly full of happiness, this I know. . .
More Delicious Rice Paper Recipes
Pan Fried Red Lentil Spring Rolls
- 2 cups red lentils cooked
- 1 cup broccoli steamed & finely chopped
- 1/3 white onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground coriander seed
- 1/4 tsp cumin seed
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 9 rice paper/spring roll wrappers
Lemon-Ginger Tahini Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 3 tsp gluten free tamari sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tbs coconut oil.
- Sauté onion & garlic until softened & beginning to brown – about 5 minutes.
- Stir in your cooked lentils and broccoli, followed by all spices. Cook
- for a few minutes until all is well combined. Turn off heat, set aside.
- Take one rice paper wrapper & dip it in a large bowl warm water until slightly softened.
- Lay rice paper flat on a cutting board & spoon 2 tbs of lentil mixture
- into the center. Fold the bottom up & over mixture, followed by
- folding each side in. Starting at the bottom, tightly roll upwards
- until you have one spring roll. Repeat with remaining ingredients
- until you have 9 spring rolls.
- Heat 1 tbs of coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place spring
- rolls (in batches) into heated skillet.
- Fry for a few minutes, flip, and fry for a few more minutes, or until
- desired crispiness is achieved.
- Let cool before serving (with lemon-ginger tahini dip!}
- Lemon-Ginger Tahini Dipping Sauce:
- Combine all dip ingredients. Whisk until smooth. Refrigerate any unused portion for up to one week.