A super easy, healthy, and delicious Gluten-Free Crumble made with Blackberries, Coconut, and Oats! Gluten-free & vegan.
This delightful dessert (or breakfast!), free of refined sugar, is
inspired by my childhood visits to my grandfather's house.
Blackberries are forever my favorite fruit, as I have fond memories of eating them fresh off the bushes at my Papa's house. While nothing compares to eating them directly from the source, this beautiful little crumble holds a ton of fresh blackberry flavor.
I decided to experiment by adding some coconut yumminess, and boy was I supremely happy with how this came out--it is delicious!
Something about the crispiness of the oat crust & the subtly sweet juiciness of the berries, married with the toastiness of the coconut, transports me to warm, carefree days. I sure hope it does you, too...
- Easy to make.
- A satisfying healthy dessert.
- Rich in plump, juicy blackberries.
- Naturally gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free.
You Might Also Like
Blackberry Lemon Poppy Seed Crumble
Rustic Blackberry Galette with Polenta Crust
Blackberry & Coconut Oat Crust Crumble (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 2 teaspoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoon almond meal/flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- +1 tsp unsweetened shredded coconut for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a 8" pan or dish, combine your filling ingredients & toss to evenly distribute.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, almond meal, coconut, salt & ginger. Stir to combine. Pour in your coconut oil & maple syrup then use your hands to mix until all is evenly combined.
- Pour your topping over your filling & spread & press down using your fingers until all is uniform. Sprinkle 1 tsp of coconut evenly over top.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until juices are bubbling up sides & top is beginning to brown.
Leave a Reply