This thick and frosty frozen blueberry margarita mocktail is bursting with all the classic margarita flavors with a flavorful blueberry twist.
💙 Why You Will Love This Recipe
- This frozen mocktail recipe has all the flavors of a margarita, with a touch of blueberry, but minus the alcohol. It is bursting with fresh flavors!
- Whipping up this blueberry mocktail requires minimal effort and is a breeze to make.
- The taste of this frosty beverage is truly a delight (one of my all-time faves!).
- This delicious non alcoholic drink is delightfully cold and frosty.
- No simple syrup is needed!
- Naturally vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free, dairy-free, plant-based, and free from refined sugar.
🫐 Ingredients and Substitutes
Frozen blueberries: Frozen blueberries bring a burst of vibrant sweetness and a gorgeous purple hue to this margarita mocktail recipe. They also add a refreshing and fruity element, making every sip a delightful treat. You can use fresh blueberries, just be certain to freeze them for at least an hour before making this mocktail.
Lime juice: Freshly squeezed lime juice brings a zesty and tangy kick to our frozen blueberry margarita mocktail. It balances the sweetness of the blueberries and adds a refreshing citrus twist. If you do not have fresh lime juice, you can use bottled.
Orange juice: The addition of orange juice perfectly complements the blueberry flavor, infusing this virgin margarita recipe with a subtle sweetness and a citrusy note. It adds a touch of tanginess, much like is found in a traditional margarita.
Agave nectar: To sweeten this mocktail naturally, I love to use agave nectar derived from the agave plant. This golden syrup brings just the right amount of sweetness without overpowering the natural flavors. It helps to create a well-balanced and refreshing mocktail, all while keeping it a touch healthier. If you do not have agave nectar, you can use maple syrup, honey, or any type of granulated sweetener you prefer. Having said that, agave is kind of my secret ingredient here, as it almost mimics the flavor of tequila and acts as a tequila alternative in this recipe.
Ice: The ice also gives this non-alcoholic margarita a slushy consistency, creating a smooth and frozen texture. Additionally, it slightly dilutes the flavors, ensuring a perfectly balanced and enjoyable sip every time!
How to Make a Margarita Mocktail
- This virgin margarita is as easy as combining all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blending until smooth.
- Pour frosty mixture into a favorite glass and enjoy!
💭 Top Tips
- Make it a cocktail (aka actual margarita) by adding 3 ounces of tequila before blending.
- Dip the wet rim of the glass into kosher salt or coarse sea salt before serving if you like a salted rim.
- Garnish this frozen mocktail with lime zest or fresh lime slices for even more of a fresh punch of flavor.
- Top with a fresh mint leaf for an eye-popping garnish.
🥤 More Delicious Drink Recipes
Frozen Blueberry Margarita Mocktail
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- ½ cup ice
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- lime wedges for garnishing optional
- In a blender, combine the blueberries, ice, lime juice, orange juice and agave nectar.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into glasses, optionally garnish with lime wedges and enjoy!