Last Updated on
A hearty, healthy, comforting soup filled with nutritious brown lentils, ginger root, garlic, carrots, bell pepper, spinach and a delicious blend of spices. This gluten-free and vegan soup makes for one cozy & warming meal in the cooler months!
I’m all about comforting soups come autumn & winter; and this ginger infused lentil soup fits the bill when it comes to warm, cozy, tasty and satisfyingly healthy & filling . . .
..chock-full of protein-rich lentils, ginger, garlic, carrots, bell pepper, spinach and the perfect blend of complementary spices, this delicious nutrient-dense soup will have you feeling all warm & fuzzy inside..
Cozy up and grab a bowl! Healthy, scrumptious bliss awaits . . .
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest’s “tried it” feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I’ll share it! Thank you so much! <3
Autumn Lentil Soup (Vegan)
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbs ginger root minced
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 carrot sliced into coins
- 1 tbs coconut sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp ground oregano
- 5 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- sea salt to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat add oil, garlic and ginger root. Saute for 3-4 minutes. Stir in bell pepper and carrot and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add sugar, bay leaf, cumin seed, turmeric, red chili and oregano. Stir to distribute for about 30 seconds.
- Pour in vegetable stock or water, and lentils.
- Turn heat to high, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, salt to taste and simmer for 5 minutes longer.
- Turn off heat.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.